Chapter 14

Skai's POV:

I looked at CC lying face down on the floor and started laughing. It was really funny actually, but I don't know how long he had been there. What if he heard the whole conversation? 

After me and Emily finished laughing at CC and he got up, I put Emily to bed.

"Goodnight sweetie."

"Goodnight sissy."

I went back in the living room to find CC laying on the couch.

"You guys are really stupid you know. Leaving the door unlocked when you kidnap somebody?"

He looked up at me.

"Then why didn't you go?"

Ok, I wasn't expecting that.

"How long were you on that staircase?" I changed the subject.

"Long enough to know that your Skai, Emily's your little sister, and you guys really dont care when someone gets hurt."

Crap.

"Ummm......" Was my brilliant answer.

"You can trust me Skai. Why didn't you leave?" 

I looked at him. His face was trusting and compassionate, and I decided to tell him.

"I was going to stay, tell Emily the truth, which is done, and leave with her. I- HAD- a good life going. It would be great for the both of us."

He looked sad.

"Skai, dont leave us."

I was startled by this.

"I wont tell anybody, but just stay for a while. You have NO idea how it is around here. Andy and Ashley bring home girls every night. Ashley doesn't surprise me, but Andy's not usually like that. He just thinks if he gets enough girls, he'll get over Juliet. He wants to do what Juliet did to him, sleep with different people and then leave them. Jinxx and Jake are ok, but the band just isn't the same. I know you, and I know your personality." He must have caught my little creeped out look, because he added.

"When you kidnap somebody, you have to get to know alot about them."

Well, thanks, Im SO not creeped out anymore. But, I thought about what he said. It did make sense, he's just trying to get the band together. I took a deep breath, and thought of something:

100 years from now, it wont matter what shoes you wore.

How your hair looked.

What you did on the weekend.

What stores you shopped at, 

or who you went out with.

What will matter, 

is if you helped just ONE person,

and how you made there life, 

just a little bit better.

Holy crap, im turning into Shakespeare here. Where did I learn that anyways? I honestly cant remember, it just popped into my brain. Maybe it's a sign.

I looked at CC and sighed.

"Of course."

Even I was surprised at how sure and strong my voice sounded.

Let's just hope it stays this way.