Ch.1 Heading Off (edited)

"Hey, Lucy" my best friend Ashley said with her thick British accent.

"Hey, Ash" I replied.

"You ready for school?" she questioned as she slung her backpack over her shoulder.

I nodded my head to answer her question.

We walked out of my small neon apartment and slammed the door shut.

Yeah. Neon colored apartment. It's weird.

"Come on you slow poke" I teased Ashley as she was trailing slowly behind me.

In response she rolled her hazel eyes at me, but quickened up her pace.

Our school was a block away from my apartment and we decided to walk to school every day.

I could see my high school from a distance and started to sprint towards my school aka hell.

Today was my last day of high school before I move to Australia.

'ding ding' The school bell ringed.

I won't be missing that noise.

My whole day consumed of me getting my test back and my other friends crying teachers saying their  farewell to me and other non important things.

I always wanted to move to Australia for as long as my small brain can remember. At last the dang bell rang and I was off sprinting to the doors. I slammed into the doors and ran outside for fresh air, as I waited for Ashley to come.

'Bzz' my phone vibrated.

It was a text from Ash.'

A= Sorry I got detention I can't go <3 we'll Skype each day.

Seeing the text from her disappointed me, but what could I do about it?

I walked home even though I won't admit it I love my home town in Brighton. The way each morning the cool breeze would give me goosebumps and the grey clouds always in the sky. I walked the block that lead towards my apartment and sighed as I opened the front door for the last time.

It's time to head to the airport.
***Time Skip***

I was boarding my plane with my headphones in my own little world, when I bumped into a hard body.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I should've been paying attention..." I rambled

"Are you hurt?" I finally asked.

He just slightly chuckled

"I'm fine" he said giving one small smile.

This was the first time I looked up and stared into his brown eyes.

"Umm" I was totally lost for words.

"What's your seat?" He asked as we walked into the plane.

"Um" I looked down at my ticket "Row C seat 6" I told him. ( I have never been to an airport or on a plane sorry if this is wrong)

"Guess we're neighbors" he smiled.

"I didn't catch your name" I said as we walked down the row to find our seat.

"Mitch" He replied

"Are you into a game called Minecraft?" He asked trying to start up a small conversation as the plane lifted up and off of the ground

"Yeah, my best friend Ash got me into the games" I replied

"Do you watch anyone" he continued

"Honestly, not really" I answered

"Oh I have a channel it's, bajan Canadian" he laughed.

"That's cool" I smiled as I remember something about the name vaguely.

We talked for hours and hours until the plane had landed. Well here is my first day in Australia.
------
(Okay I'm sorry for the rush of all this I just wanted to get to the main point of the story going to Australia. And it will be more detailed when she moves into her own house)

(2016: SHLAUDH READING THROUGH THIS MAKES ME WANT TO CRY BECAUSE OF HOW BAD I WAS/AM)