Ch.28 Split

These weeks have gone by soooo quick

Lucy POV

The sun started to peak across the horizon. I looked around my surrounding finding things that looked familiar.

As we continued walking straight I heard frantic voices.

"Ugh where did Lucy run off to?!"I heard Vikk voice scream.

"How is she this stupid to run off!"My dad voice yelled

"Guys we need to leave now we have no time let's just leave her!" Captain Connor yelled.

"No!!"I heard multiple voices scream at Connor.

I felt myself smiling.

"Let's go" I motioned towards Lachlan.

As I walked back through the clearing of trees I ran into a body.

"Lucy" Jase sighed with a relief while kissing my forehead.

"Guys I found her!" Jase screamed back towards the group.

Everybody including Captain traitor formed a circle around me.

"Where were you and what the hell were you thinking?" Mitch questioned

"I'll explain later" I answered Mitch.

"Is that Lachlan?" Vikk asked

"Who else would it be?" I smiled

Captain looked at Lachlan with an expression of fear across his face.

"He's a traitor" Connor tried.

"Guys Captain Connor over here is the traitor that's how CeCe and Lachlan got kidnapped" I explained.

Every head turned towards Captain Connor. He scrambled off like a little girl would.

"Lucy!" Preston screamed I felt myself getting engulfed in Prestons hug.

"Glad to see you still alive" I joked.

"Guys okay we are done with the greeting and stuff but,the Survivors for all we know could be behind us" Dad said

When he said that he walked over to me and hugged me. I was stunned. I manage to return his hug. Connor was my dads best friend. I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Dad do you wanna talk?" I asked

He shook his head and smiled.

"I'm alright kiddo" He said

We all gathered in the original spot of our camp sight and everybody started to pack unsure of where we were going.

When we were done packing we soon heard shots of gun shot. The sound of the bullets scraping the trunk of the trees.

I heard a sound of a bullet whiz passed my face by a near inch.

"GUYS WE NEED TO SPLIT UP!"I screamed over the bang of gunshot.

I bullet grazed my upper left arm.

I winced in pain feeling tears build in my eyes.

Vikk got my message and grabbed Jase,Ricky,my dad,and CeCe and headed to the right of the wood.

I ran towards the left and grabbed Lachlan. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around seeing Mitch and Jerome running behind us.

The sound of gun shot soon became silent.

I stopped running and fell to the ground as I tried to catch my breath.

As soon as all the adrenaline left me the pain started to kick in. My upper left arm started to throb. At least I didn't get shot. In the arm.