Ch.24 #Merome to the rescue

Lucy POV

It's has been a week staying in this abandoned place.

All I've done was train and sleep. I was allowed a 10 minute break each hour. I've talked to Lachlan and gotten to know Vikk better then any other member of the Pack.

Vikk was now my best friend except for Jerome. Jerome has been training non stop his only motivation was saving Mitch from the Survivors. Dad has been training with Captain Connor while the rest of us trained with Vikk and his friends Cece and Ricky.

The thing is when we were stuck on the wall Vikk had no army. He had himself and 2 friends. A girl named Cece who was Lachlan's best friend except for Vikk. Then their was Ricky Cece's older brother. Ricky is outgoing and like another version of Lachlan but more attractive.

"Hey L"Vikk greeted me with a sweaty hug.

"You stink" I told him

"So do you" He smirked

I used my 10 minute break just so I can talk to him.

"Vikk you know this on and off thing I have with Lachlan?" I asked

"Mhm" He said while taking a slurp of Ice cold water

"We are on right now but, I've been feeling ignored by him it seems like he's not talking to me anymore he's hanging out and being touchy with CeCe" I say admitting my feelings

"This may be a bad time but, Lachlan and Cece are kissing behind you next to the wall" Vikk says

This is why I love Vikk he is so forward.

I looked behind me and sure enough in a dark corner I see Lachlan and CeCe kissing. Scratch that they were eating each others face off.

"I should've expected this" I said with no emotion but,Vikk looked right through me.

"He's a butt head anyways leave him" Vikk says talking smack about his best friend.

"10 minute is up Vikk and Lucy get back to training" Jerome yelled acting like a boss even though we all knew he was joking.

I saw him look into the corner with horror in his eyes. He looked at me and I nodded telling him I knew about this.

Jerome grabbed a sharp rock and used Lachlan's hand as a target. Jerome threw his hand back and aimed making sure to only graze his arm. Jerome sure enough for Lucky and grazed Lachlan's arm making him yelp.

"What the hell man!" Lachlan yelled

"Go off with your new girlfriend" I said

He didn't even respond to me all he did was continue his face eating challenge with CeCe.

"Might be a bad time to tell everyone this but, we're going against the survivors in 2 days" Vikk says
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
2 DAYS LATER

I was hunching behind a trash can with Vikk getting ready to go into the Survivors base.

As Vikk and I ran troops with red armband surround us and everybody else.

"How did they know?" Vikk asked calmly.

"We have a great artist on our side he made an identical face of Lachlan and CeCe the ones you saw kissing were fake but,the real one are in our hands" The leader said.

We all looked at the fake ones who were now wearing red armbands and smirking at us.

"Get in this shack of ours" The leader demanded.

He shoved every single person in the small shack and told us he was coming back later.

I looked around and realize Jerome was missing. He was going to the bathroom and that's when we got surrounded.

"Guys Jerome is still out there he'll save us" I assured everyone.
Common Jerome we are all counting on you.
============================
JEROME'S POV

I was just behind a rock and saw everything that happened. The leader shoved my friends in a shack and threw the key in a lake nearby.

My only hope is Mitch.

I snuck around the corner of the building when I spotted guards and a security camera.

The 2 guards spotted me quickly and one smirked as h saw how frightened I was.

"Guard 309 we are reported that a guy from the Pack called Jerome is still on the loose" A voice said through the walkie-talkie

"We killed him" the man said

"WHAT YOU KILLED MY best friend !" Mitch screamed he said best friend so low that I could barley hear him.

"You left him" another voice said

"Come to the command room I want to talk to the one that killed him" Mitch spoke

The two guards looked at me and said,
"Go get Mitch we are in your side"

I nodded and headed inside the building taking random left and right turns.

I soon found a collection of red bands and took 2 on my arms I followed the sign that pointed to the command room.

Inside the command room the lights were blue and the floor was marble and it was fascinating.

I heard a soft cry in the corner of the room.

"Sir, you wanted to see the man that killed Jerome that is me" I pretended

Mitch lashed out at me he jumped and pulled my mask off and stared at me.

He looked at me and all the sad tears went away and happy ones were replaced.

I don't know what got into him or what got into me but, I stared at him and he stared at me my best friend started to lean down and I leaned up.

Mitch just kissed me and I like it.

He smiled and said,

"Jerome I've liked you for a while"

"I like you to biggums" I say

"We have to save the pack" I said unsure of what he would do.

Would he betray me? Would he call the survivors on me?

"Let's go" He smirked and took a familiar looking key with him.

As we walked out of the building some soldiers saluted me and I was weirded out.

"You have 2 red bands on that's means your a commander" Mitch says smirking

"My main bac is a commander" Mitch laughs

As we headed out Mitch headed towards the shack where the pack was in.

He unlocked the door and heard Lucy say,

"Oh shit we are dead"

When the door opened everyone looked at Mitch and I.

They looked at me uncertain about Mitch.

"He's alright" I say but,in Lucy's eyes I could see a bit of uncertainty.

"And this may be a bad time to tell you all but, we should run the survivors are going to be here in a minute to kill you" Mitch warned.

"Let's go into the lake over there" I suggested.

"#Merome to the rescue" I say