Ch.22 The Pain

Guess who's back!?

It's earlier to! Don't kill me because of the cliffhanger.

Lucy's POV

We followed Mitch's idea and it lead us to an ally way.

The place was dim and the sky was black the smell of smoke reached my nose. Lachlan held onto my hands and looked around.

There was a note stuck on the wall. It read,

Well I guess your smart enough to follow directions from Mitch. You fell right into our trap. We'll be there in a second.

The sounds of footsteps were coming closer.

"Well well well isn't it John. Nice to see you again. I want revenge for my former captain." The man I'm guessing the captain says

"Wait what does Mitch have to do with anything?" Jerome asked

"You all thought Ashley was the traitor well it's Mitch. Ashley was actually part of a different group who was here to save you" Captain of the Survivors explained.

"But,she got carried away with pretty boy over there" The man pointed to Lachlan who was next to my dad and Captain Connor.

"We saw this as an opportunity so we took advantage and now here you are" The man explained with an evil smirk on his face.

"Mitch, he's lying right?" I asked

The tears brimming my eyes.

He put his head down in shame and in a couple of seconds later he returned with that cocky smirk of his and headed over to the survivors.

I looked at Jerome is face showed no emotion. His face was blank and pale.

"Mitch buddy I've known you for so long your my best Friend why Mitch why?" Jerome asked with the tears in his eyes

"A job is a job Jerome bud I'm-" Mitch was cut off

"Don't call me bud just get out and let us die!" Jerome screamed

"Just to warn you if you even move those automatic guns will fire" The Survivor captain laughed.

All the survivors left and Mitch left with them.

"Captain Connor what do we do?" Dad asked

"I was trained for fights but,not this" Captain replied

I looked around the only thing that surrounded us were walls.

"Captain Connor we have walls why don't we all jump onto them together at the same time and stay there until the guns are out" I suggest

"We aren't Spider-Man" he replied

"Captain we are in an ally the walls are really close to us if we can't hold on to one wall jump to the other one" I say. Is this guy really a captain?

"That's smart but,how are we going to be 100% positive that everyone is going to jump at the same freaking time?"Captain asked me

"Hold on to whoever is close to you and when I count to 3 you pull each other up" I say

"John you have gotten a spectacular daughter over there" Captain Connor told my dad.

Wow Bob is going in. When did Bob think all of this.(Bob is the name she gives her brain if you remember)

So we were spread out all across the area. Near me to the right was Jase who grabbed my hand. On my right was Jerome he said nothing and I could see the sadness in his eyes the pain in his heart.

I mean they were friends for so long during the 4th grade. I wonder what would happen if I lost my best friend?

Oh wait never mind I lost my best friend to so I felt the pain and anger. But,what did the survivors say about Ashley? Mitch was the spy so was Ashley trying to protect me but, got carried away because,of Lachlan?

If that was true then I misunderstood her for so long but,she did try to steal my boyfriend. Wait but, when Lachlan woke up he said that he remembered that Ashley said that she was a Survivor right?

My brain is so messed up I can't think anymore. I cleared my brain and looked at everyone holding onto each other waiting for the counting.

"3" I was getting ready I was bending my knees.
"2" I held onto Jerome and Jase. I was afraid that Jerome wasn't going to jump. I was afraid that he would be to much to drag and we would have to leave him.

"Jerome are you ready?" I asked just to be sure.

He didn't reply and I didn't want to shake him just in case he would move.

"JEROME!" I screamed

"I'm I'm ready" he whispered

"Okay"

My heart was racing and adrenaline pumped throughout my whole entire body.

"Everyone is ready lets start again" I say

"3" My forehead was sweating and Jase's hand was feeling sweaty to.
"2" My heart pounded and was about to explode out of my chest
"1" I used all my strength and jumped up wards with Jase and Jerome we landed on the wall about 3 feet up.

That's when the gunshot were heard and it wasn't just 2 it was a whole army.