chapter 10

'Drinks at mine tonight?' Asked Lilys eager voice down the phone.

'I have a date again!' I responded. 'We're going for lunch...'

'Oh, with this mystery man again, have fun Kay! You really deserve it it's so nice to hear you happy about someone you actually like, and someone I will assault if they ever think of hurting you.'

I laughed. 'Thankyou Lil, and yeah I'm so excited! You have to meet him soon,'

'Deal. As long as he stops stealing my best mate okay? I so wanted you to come tonight! It's just me Aiden, Sarah, Tommy and James, we haven't done anything just us six in ages...'

'Sorry Lily, I promise I'll organise something for all of us soon! And promise you'll have a few extra vodka shots for me!'

Lily chuckled. 'Do I have to pull a disgusted face and refuse to do anymore for 5 minutes after each one aswell,'

'Very funny,' I said rolling my eyes, but I couldn't help laughing as well. I was such a wimp when it came to doing shots, they were disgusting. 'Anyway I need to go get ready, wish me luck?'

'Good luck baby!' Lily replied happily. 'You don't need it though, he'll fall in love with you I promise. I'll chat to you later, love you,'

'Love you too Lil,' I replied, before hanging up the phone. 

Now, how the hell am I supposed to find something to wear? My wardrobe is like a cave filled with random fabric of shit. I sighed.

Eventually I decided on a black tight crop top with long sleeves and lace at the back, with a white high waisted pleated skirt that fell mid thigh. I straightened out my hair and added mascara, foundation, bronzer and a natural pink lipstick with strappy sandals that had tiny wedges. I was satisfied.

My phone buzzed, distracting me from my thoughts. 'Make sure you pack an overnight bag missy. We're staying away x'

'Okay x' I replied with a big grin. Staying away where? Was I even dressed appropriately? I didn't even had time to change I had about ten minutes to pack this bag this bag before he got here! Wasn't spending the night together a bit forward, I'd only known him five minutes...

***

'You know, there are restaurants within a 10 mile radius of where we both live, I don't get why you've been driving us out of town for the past two hours...' I said cheekily, looking up at him.

With his free hand he reached over to me and started ticking me, and as I shrieked with laughter he smirked, never losing concentration from the road.

'Okay, okay I'm sorry,' I sighed, still laughing.

'Been up to anything interesting today?' He responded with a smirk.

'Well, I kinda told this really annoying guy I'd go on a date with him...'

'Oh, and did this really annoying guy tell you how absolutely beautiful you looked,' 

I blushed. 'Well he used the term edible...'

Ryan chuckled. 'Wow he sounds so smart aswell, using metaphors and stuff, I bet he's gorgeous too and all you want to do is rip his clothes off...'

'Oh and he's really cocky,'

'You love it,' Ryan said, looking at me biting his lip.

I looked away blushing. This guy was actually irresistible. 'I bet you say that to all the girls,' I responded.

'Only the beautiful ones,'

'The edible ones you mean...'

'I'm giving you five seconds to shut it...'

'Or what?'

'...I'll drive us both off this motorway.' He said smirking

I laughed. 'You have a few screws loose, don't you?'

'I bet you say that to all the boys,' he replied, laughing. I couldn't help but laugh back.

He was actually so funny.

restaurantchirping

He leaned over and kissed me, which certainly shut me up. His hand against my cheek, stroking it softly, his soft lips against mine...I was sure the earth stood still for a second. 

'Anyway, we need to get going cutie, I have something else planned for us,' he said, cocking his head to the side.

'Really?' I gushed. No one had ever put this much effort into a date with me.

'Yup,' he said. After he paid the bill he took my hand and we walked out, my heart still in my mouth. 

Twenty minutes later we'd reached the hotel that we were staying at for the night, so I could put all my things down, including the flowers he'd brought me on the way here. It was so perfect, and so romantic  A big, plush white double bed with rose petals on it, dim lighting with cream walls, dark wooden floor with an exotic looking red mat in the middle, flowers on either bed side tables next too the lamps...

Then I felt nervous. I wasn't ready to have sex with him yet, and he'd gone to all this effort. I looked over at him anxiously.

'No, cutie, we don't have to do anything you don't want too. I just wanted it to be somewhere nice: I know it's a bit forward spending the night together and I didn't want it to be somewhere you didn't like.' He smiled, as he read my thoughts

I walked over to him and jumped into his arms, smiling. It was crazy how comfortable I already felt with him. He laughed. 'Glad you like it baby,' He said, kissing me softly, then more passionately, as he went to sit on the bed. 

'Anyway missy, stop trying to seduce me, I have something else planned remember?' I groaned internally, wishing that kiss could've just lasted forever.

'God,' he said, continuing. 'All boys want to do is spend time with girls and they just try and get into bed with them!' He said with fake shock. 

I laughed chucking the pillow at him as he stood up.

He reached down and took my hand, pulling me up aswell. 'Come on beautiful, lets get going.

We arrived at the lake again, and this time next to a small brown boat with oars.

'Care for a ride, madame,' He said in a mockingly posh voice as he pulled it to shore. I shrieked as I climbed in because it kept moving around everywhere, but luckily he held onto my waist tightly until I was seated. It was sunset now, the sky looked beautiful, the river looked beautiful and he looked beautiful.

'So why did you decide a boat ride?' I said smiling at him, when we were deep into the river, in our own world.

'Well I lived on a boat for a bit,before my dad left. Me, my dad and my brother and my baby sister...it was a bit of a squeeze but I always loved it there. Waking up in the river, the view, the fresh air...Thought I'd share something I loved with the girl I want to share everything with,' he said smiling.

'Wow that sounds so nice! I'm sorry to hear about your dad though...'

'It's fine, thanks cutie. I guess I had to stay strong for my mum and siblings that it didn't hurt me that much...I didn't have time to miss him, you know?'

'Yeah, that makes sense, your mums lucky to have raised such a lovely guy,' I said smiling. It was so nice to see this side of him-with his walls down. I could see the pain in his eyes, and how vulnerable he could be. 

'And I'm lucky that your dad raised such a perfect daughter,' He said, as he leant over and kissed me. 

'