Chapter 14

Katy's POV.

I need to sit down. what's happening... why is Ryan here? He can't be the new teacher...This must be a mix up. I felt my chest get tight. 'Katy,' called Jake interrupting my thoughts. 'We were gonna sit together...?''Huh,' I mumbled back. 'No,' interrupted Mr Evans. 'Leave your attempts to seduce the girl outside the classroom young man, sit down. Katy, you move over there.' He pointed to a seat further away next to Tommy. All I saw was his point; I couldn't even make eye contact. I felt sick. He hates me now, and it's all my fault. This can't be happening. This can't be happening.

'My chance to seduce her inside the classroom then yeah,' Called Tommy back, making the class erupt in laughter.

'SHUTUP!' I screamed. I stood there for a second, all my blood rising to my head, the suddenly decided to storm out the class. I had to get away from this situation. What was happening. I slowly began to walk down the corridors, down the stairs, getting closer to the exit of the school.

Ryan's POV
I was almost sick. How has my dream girl, my perfect lover, my baby a... student. And there she goes walking out. Away from her silly little boyfriends, just like a student would too. Anger slowly began to rise inside me, what were this pathetic little boys doing? Not even pathetic, just school boys- and I certainly knew what they were like, and of course they'd be all over her- she's gorgeous. I felt sick.
'Jake, Katy detention for being late aswell. Half an hour.'
Mature teacher, taking your jealousy out on the kids. And anger. I chucked textbooks down on the desk, gave them a brief instruction on what to do and walked out 'professionally' after Katy.
'What the hells going on Katy,' I whispered as I walked up to her, grabbing on her arm. 'Please tell me there's some kind of mix up and you're not actually my 17 year old student.'
She blushed, looking down. And she still looked so gorgeous. No she didn't actually, she looked like a student. My student. Hey not only am I a lovesick teen I'm also a pedo.
'Sorry I had a fake ID when I met you that night...' she mumbled back.

'Oh my God.' I sighed, collapsing into the wall. 'Katy, you're not an underage girl I served in my bar anymore, you're my girlfriend and also my student; it really isn't that simple.'

'Don't patronise me.' She hissed back. 'It takes two you can't put the whole blame on me. I just...I just fell for you,' She blushed. For a split second I wanted to pull her into my arms and tell her everything was going to be alright, but then...reality struck. And everything was so far from alright.

'No. It takes one person to lie. And that one person that lied was you, to a 24 year old man.' I tried to conceal my pain with anger. I fell for you too, Katy.

'Ryan, I...'

'Mr Evans.' I snapped back. 'Now back inside that class, it's my first day let me get passed this lesson before I decide what to do.'
I stormed off.
Katy's POV
I was so humiliated as I slid back into my seat next to Tommy, looking at the floor. Is this what happens when I take a chance, and do something risky? It backfires in my fucking face.
'What's up Kay you look traumatised ,' Hissed Tommy.
'I...I don't even know where to start.'
'Sir,' whined Chloe flirtatiously. 'Can you come and help me I don't understand?'
Oh is she actually fucking foreal. I sat up shooting a death stare at her. Usually I could ignore this girl so easily but...
'Try me,' Said Tommy, breaking through my thoughts.
'After class,' I responded bleakly.

'What's your problem,' Chloe hissed, spinning round in her chair.

'You,' I bit back, for the first time.

'Chloe, that's enough, turn around,' interrupted Mr Ryan. Aw he stuck up for me. I blushed as my heart skipped a beat. 'Now both you ladies carry on with your work.'

'Okay sir, sorry about that, it won't happen again.' Ryan smiled. 'It's just kind of hard you know...' She continued. I held my breath. 'Sitting near the girl who was all over the boy you're seeing.' She turned around smugly. I saw Ryans face go pale.

'Leave Katy alone man,' said Tommy, scowling. 'She's one of my best mates, always has been, you were the one who got the wrong end of the stick. I'm just joking around.'

'GUYS, ' Shouted Mr Ryan. 'Save the group therapy chat for outside my class, yeah? Focus on your work. This is English literature not a talk show, you're not on Jeremy Kyle okay.' Everyone started laughing. Apart from Ryan, and apart from me.

I tried to pull all my attention to my notepad- why did I have to analyse this imaginary character Jane's life when I had enough issues in my own life to analyse. I sighed, this was actually one of my favourite classics, somehow I think I wont be enjoying reading Jane Eyre any time in the near future though.

'Opinions guys? Mr Rochester had his Black ex wife locked in an attic...'

'Rasicm? How the British-'

The bell signalling the end of lesson couldn't have come sooner. 

'Alright you lot, thanks for that. See that hour didn't kill you did it. I want you all to be on time and in each class from now on, so you dont end up on Jeremy Kyle. Now get lost,'

'No Katy. Sit back down, you have detention for being late with these muppets,' said Mr Evans said sounding exasperated. 'You too Lily.'
'Sorry,' I muttered. 

'Thats fine, sorry sir,' smiled Lily.

'Can't you see how distressed she looks!' interrupted Jake. 'Let her go home and rest or something!'
'You have half the time then Katy. Now  shutup and sit down I'm gonna get a coffee, you better not have left by the time I get back.' He looked in my direction mentally saying it's my que to leave and his attempt of acting teacher had been fulfilled.
'Come on,' I muttered after he'd left earshot. 'Lets get the hell out of here.' 

***
I curled up in my bed, wrapped up in my comfiest jogging bottoms and a big jumper, staring emotionlessly out my window. No missed calls, no texts. I managed to stew up a story for Tommy about how ill I felt which made me go all weird... As much as I trust him I can't risk this getting out; I can't tell anyone.
I finally plucked up the courage to text him first, but then stop and stared at the screen.
'Meet me at the cafe at 7:30,'
He text me. But...surely he doesn't want me anymore, this can't happen, it would never work. I didn't understand.
I got out of bed and pulled on a chunky grey jumper, leggings and brown uggs. I couldn't resist adding a bit of mascara to my eyelashes because no matter how much of a mess this situation was I still fancied the fuck out of him and wanted to impress him. Fat chance of that happening now, well done Katy.