Part 14

I woke to the smell of pancakes, still wrapped in Brendon's strong grip. His shirtless body was warming against mine, and I felt his sharp breaths against my neck. One of his legs wrapped around mine, his sweatpants against my bare legs. I closed my eyes and settled into his embrace.

"GUYS I THINK I JUST MADE PANCAKES!" we both jumped from the bed surprised. 

"Wait what," Brendon said, rubbing his eyes. We got up from the bed, putting our clothes back on and walking out. A plate full of golden brown pancakes sat at the table, and Andy stood by the table with his hands on his hips and a big smile plastered on his face. Brendon and I sat at the table, and Brendon watched as I practically inhaled the pancakes. I hadn't had food like this in so long, just squishy jello omelets. Brendon smiled when I finished, and laughed at how much I had managed to down in just a few minutes. 

"Were they good? I found the recipe on some website,"

"Yeah, they tasted so fucking good man, I haven't had food this good in forever," Brendon smiled as Andy ran off happy. I looked at Brendon with a grin. "What are we going to do once Andy's parents get home?" he frowned and pursed his lips, the question caught him off guard. 

"Why don't we just run away, we could go anywhere we want and nobody can stop us, we're almost adults,"

"Brendon, I hate to be too realistic but that's not gonna work out, and is the cheesiest thing I've heard out of your mouth," we stare at each other intensely right before breaking down laughing. I wiped a tear from my eyes and smiled at Brendon. I knew we would find the right thing to do, after all that shit there was no way this would get worse. 

----------

I was looking around outside, observing the lights and plants. I was mostly dreaming of living in such nice situations, but then something caught my eye, a familiar man strolling down the pavement. Ryan. I shook Brendon's shoulder to get his attention, and shock struck his eyes. Ryan began pacing towards the house and I started panicking. I went to open the door, but we were locked in. I felt myself getting dizzy and the room spinning around me. 

Brendon's POV

I watched Anniese fall to the ground, quick to pick her up in my arms and start banging on the door for Andy.

"I- I'm sorry Bren, I called in to make sure you returned safely! I don't want someone this close to me to commit suicide, you're all I have!"

"Then unlock the door for just a moment!" 

"I can't, you need to go back," I let a tear fall from my face as I heard his feet hit the ground and run to the door. I glanced around the room, desperate for somewhere to go. His windows were sealed and I couldn't risk hiding under some blankets. I ran with an unconscious Anniese to the walk-in closet, putting some boxes down and standing behind the clothes. I held Anniese over my shoulder, letting another tear fall. I heard the door creak open, the harsh tossing of clothes and other things. I heard Andy's guitar be thrown across the room, and Andy yelling at Ryan. He finally got to the closet, I tensed up, holding my breath. Each item of clothing was jerked to the side, and a chuckle from Ryan determined my fate. The jacket was thrown to the side, and Ryan grabbed at Anniese. I resisted his grasp, pulling her back towards me, but he managed to get her from me. I collapsed on the ground and put my head in my hands, tears flowing from my face. I lost Anniese, possibly the only chance I had left of staying alive. Ryan ran off, leaving me and Andy in deathly silence. He was wide-eyed, taking in what'd happened, and parted his lips.

"Bren, I-"

"Just fuck off, I have somewhere to go," I stood from the closet, wiping my eyes and walking out of his room. I looked out his window and saw the two. I saw Anniese awake again and heard her faint scream quickly hidden by Ryan. I sprinted out of the front door before Andy could get to me, a tear with each step on the already soaked pavement, I felt the rain pierce into my cheek, I didn't know where Ryan was going, and I didn't care. I just needed to get to Anniese. I left Andy's neighborhood, sprinting along the wet pavement, keeping my eyes locked on them. The sight of Anniese struggling in Ryan's tight grip made me want to throw up, but I kept moving, closer towards him. He looked back and broke into a sprint. Idiot. I kept running and watched as he tired himself out, closer to me as he attempted to catch his breath. Anniese looked at me, the fear in her eyes piercing my heart and sending chills along my spine. I felt my side cramp up and my breath quicken. Everything was hurting and I thought I was going to collapse. We approached a parking lot in the middle of a gas station, my pace quickening as we the back of the building. I saw how close I was to him, and reached out to grab for his now untucked shirt. I grasped on, and for a split second, I thought I had him. But his shirt was stained with water and I lost grip of the thing smooth material. I tripped from the sudden movements, the hard ground slamming against me. I felt my knee being stabbed by a rock of some kind, looking up from my smashed face at Ryan. He had thrown Anniese into the car, slamming the door shut. I pushed myself up, ignoring all of the pain I felt to give it a final go. I sprinted at his car, despite the sound of his engine on, and continued as his car moved. I watched Anniese desperately looking behind her seat, pulling and grabbing at the handle. My eyes squinted and pace quickened. I picked up speed when they approached the highway, jumping onto the back of the car, only to quickly slip off again. I watched with a bloody, damaged leg as he drove off. I couldn't let him get away, this won't be the end. I had to see where he was going, so I pulled myself up, and in a limp sprint action, I tried to stay behind them, ahead of when they stopped at a light.