55%

a/n: suggestion: play that song on the side while reading, guys.

"You are a moment in life that comes and goes

A riddle, a rhyme that no one knows

The change in the heart, a twist of fate

Couldn't fix it, it's too late." —Talk by Kodaline

she was gaping.

eyes vaguely wide and twitching, fingers barely touching her laptop's mouse.

seeing a message from someone she thought was done with her, gave her this sharp tingling pain somewhere in her chest. and unfortunately, these inexplicable sentiments were empowered by her exhaustion from all the mind-numbing stress from school work.

Him: Hey... serendipity.

she read it over and over and over again. until it gave her a fit of nostalgia. and although those weeks felt like months, that simple over punctuated message narrowed those times.

she felt like crying, small droplets of tears threatening to crawl out of her eyes sockets. but she refrained them from doing so. it was really beyond pathetic as she'd like to think.

was this just her or was the message just odd?

she didn't know how, but she could see through his bullshit way back on their constant "talking days".

as of which she called 'intuition'.

it was weird how she could sense meanings behind his typed words without rational justifications. she knew how to spot a clue in every little things he sent without empirical verification.

a simple unpunctuated message could even tell his amount of interest or how occupied he was with things he was doing without him telling it to her.

but now, she realized that it's been a while. lots of things could happen in 4 months, she thought. those dots gave a weird feeling. was it supposed to dramatize his message? or was he just implying something far more different? it's not like it was a big thing. she was just unbelievably observative.

but curiosity aside, she wanted to type her heart out, saying she missed him - no, he just couldn't leave like that and go back like no one waited.

she hated that it's only a "hey" and that he even followed it with her annoying username "serendipity". as if it could satisfy those times he abandoned this site.

she hated that that message made her want to go back to that one summer where she didn't receive only one 'hey' from him. because once upon a time, these two people had a lot to talk about. that not even hey's and what's up's had a place in their chat box. because the topic just kind of just jump right after another, not knowing where it even started or ended.

and most of all, she hated that it made her sad and happy and annoyed and hurt all at the same time.

"this is stupid."

and that's when she found herself in front of her laptop, refraining her whole body to shake because of her silent sobs, having no clue as to why that message made her feel this way.

she kept wiping her tears but they kept on coming.

suddenly and bewildering, knocks sounded from the door.