Chapter 24: What's Wrong?

~Grace's POV~

I had decided to get out of my house today – just to avoid my nagging mother. She had wanted me to do grocery shopping, cook lunch then go to the mall to buy some stuffs for her and after that come home again just to help her turn on that tv.

“Mum,” I said, interrupting her endless speeches. “I'm going to my old school so I can't do all those stuff for you. You'll have to do all that yourself even if it means getting up on your lazy feet, walking to the cabinet, reach out for the remote and pressing the buttons to switch on the television yourself.”

But what I couldn't imagine was that such an innocent thing like visiting one's own old school could led to such complications.

As I walked passed the indoor swimming pool, I looked up to check out the spectator stands just in time to meet a pair of all-so-familiar black eyes staring right back at me.

Andre's familiar black eyes looked back at me. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt with black jeans and his usually messy brown streaked black hair was unusually tidy and neat. I looked back at him shamelessly as I walked past him. I kept my eyes glued to the ground, not wanting to look into those eyes again.

Just as I was about to step out of his presence, his hand curled around mt wrist and gripped me in a tight hold. He then pulled me roughly against him, twirling me around to face him. Wrapping his arms around me in a tight embrace, he held me tight. I struggled against his hold as I tried to freed myself from the 'cage', but to no avail, he was too strong.

Although I kept my eyes down the whole time, I could feel his gaze burning at my head as he crushed me against his firm chest. Somehow, I found myself relaxing against him as my quickened heart beat calm down by just a beat. Slowly, ever so slowly, my arms raised behind him and place them against his back as I laid my head against his chest.

He sighed and rested his chin on my head as he held me close. Tears started to threaten in my eyes and soon, they were streaming down my cheeks. How could I ever forget about the man to makes me feel so safe and comfortable around him? How could I ever hate him? I gripped his shirt from his back.

~

“Grace!”

I was using the computer when a pair of hands covered my eyes. All of a sudden, I was lifted up in mid-air by strong arms. “Andre!” I shouted. “What do you think you're doing!”

Andre blinked at me with innocent black eyes as he pouted his lips and lowered his head like a puppy which was scolded for messing up the garden flowers.

“I've got work to do – to manage Mr Thomas's assets,” I told him, hoping that he would put me down so that I could continue my work. “If I don't finish today, I'll have to rush through it tomorrow.”

“Mr Thomas's work can wait and I can always help you with it tomorrow if you like,” he smiled. “I'm having a day off tomorrow anyway.” He then stuck out his tongue at me as he carried me over to our bedroom.

“But,” I began in protest but he shut me off with a finger on my lips.

“I can't wait, Grace,” he sighed as he laid me on the bed. “I want you to myself now and no Mr Thomas is going to stop me from having my dream come true.”

I blinked at what he said and then sighed in defeat. “Fine, I give up.”

A smile spread across Andre's face and his eyes lightened up and hopped onto the bed, making it bounce under his weight. Immediately, a grin took over across his face as he crawled towards me like a cat. “What are you doing, Andre?” I laughed as he puffed up his face in front of me. All of a sudden, he jumped from his feral position to in front of my face. He stared into my eyes as if searching for the very depths of my soul and I started biting my lips, feeling a little awkward under his gaze.