Chapter 11: Love Carnival

~Jaryl~

It was that fateful day, my eagle eyes scanning the cafeteria looking for another suspecting victim. When I finally gave up and took a stand and the next thing you know I'm walking towards Clarice.

All too famous Clarice, reckless, know it all Clarice. One of the many girls I would put last in my list. But looking at her covered in my seaweed rice lunch something struck me. Hard. 

Her cheeks were pink with embarrassment, her icy blue eyes that bore deep into people's soul and carried a flame in them everywhere they went. And that is why I was standing in darkness of the property of Clarice's room.

Her room was huge with her own walk in closet but it had the same rows of hoodies on one side while the other side was her other clothes that were hardly touched at all. Her room was painted to match the same color of her turquoise carpeted floor and her entire room was neatly tidied with a few peculiar items jutted out from under her bed.  

 I stood in a dark corner where her study table was located, her curtains were drawn which only allowed some light to peep through but her whole study was lit up by her notice board that was in the shape of a firefly that had neon lights pinned around it to make it glow. It was tacked with many photos of sorts each scribbled with Clarice's messy cursive writing. One that caught my attention was a picture of four girls, one which had Kristle in it. Underneath she had written neatly,"Mash friends..."

Out of nowhere her bed room door flung open and she came in. I stood there in those few very awkward moments while she was on her phone. And I said my version of "hi" but I guess she didn't find it friendly because she started throwing plush toys at me and once she started ROFLing my patience broke.

I flung her onto the wall. I caught her staring deep into my eyes and this thing, started growing inside of me urging me to kiss her. I leaned my face so close I could just do it but instead I found myself moving to her ear and apologizing. I quickly left and soon I came face to face with Mrs Hathaway encouraging me to visit. It was mind of ironic thinking that Mrs Hathaway of all people, wants me to visit her daughter.

But as I left into the rain her blazing eyes were still etched into my mind. The cold rain was hard and against my skin and within a minute I was drenched. Something was shoveling deep within my soul with each step I took. And as if something reached towards my heart and grasped it with its disgusting fingers. And then it hit me. I was falling for Clarice Andrea Hathaway.

~Clarice~

"Please?" I was already on my knees, if desperate I was prepared to burst into tears. "No." my mom replied without looking at me. She had her back faced away from me as she continued to read her book. "Aw come on! I'm already 17! At least let me go to the school carnival for the last time." I was holding set my tears waiting for all hell to break lose if she rejected. Finally she answered,"sure."

At that moment I had let a tear seep from under my eyelids and had my mouth wide open ready to release a wail but then I recalled what she said I stopped and looked up in surprise. "Unless you go with Ye Kai." I let out a sigh of defeat and threw my hands up. "Fine! gosh! I'm not a child." I shouted back as I ran up the steps. "Anymore suggestions and you're grounded."

"Be-yatch..." I mumbled as I slammed my door shut. It was because of that stupid question that I had to put myself through this stupid carnival.  

A Phone Call ago...

"Hello?" I snapped as I picked up the phone. I was still in rage of Jaryl's uninvited visit. "Hey Clare!!" immediately I wanted to hang up the phone. "Oh hey... Tiffany..." I'm sure in every single class you attended there will be that one gossip girl that spreads rumors like wild fire. "Are you going for the school's carnival?! I heard this year's theme is love... Romantic or what?!"