Chapter 19: A Nugget in the Past

~Andre's POV~

Today is the day I've decided to play a prank. And that prank is to give my old school people a surprise. I know... it doesn't sound like a prank at all. It doesn't even look like a prank visiting my old school! Donning in black jeans and a white shirt, I couldn't stop chuckling to myself like a idiot at the breakfast table.

Clare and Mum might've noticed my unusually and suspiciously good mood because both of them gave me questioning looks. I turned my head towards them and gave them both a BIG FAT SMILE. One that showcased my pearly whites. Clare blinked at me confused while Mum just laughed lightly, ruffling my hair.

A while later, Dad strolled into the kitchen, a newspaper in hand while a cup of coffee in the other. Mum walked over to him and gave him a peck on the cheeks, before sitting next to him at the table. My insides twisted when I saw that kiss – it reminded me of Grace. It reminded me of how she would always kiss me every time I walked into the kitchen when she was making breakfast.

I looked towards Clare to see her reactions and had to stifle a laugh. Poor innocent Clare had to endure the display of public affection by Mum and Dad by looking the other way, cheeks flushed pink as she took interest in the wash basin.

Shaking my head with a smile, I continued my breakfast – pancakes coated in maple syrups with an egg (fried sunny-side up!). I couldn't help but let out a little moan when I stuck the maple syrup coated pancake into my mouth. Mum is seriously a great cook. Laughing, Mum handed me a napkin when the syrup started drooling down my chin which somehow escaped my mouth.

I was wiping my mouth when Dad suddenly look up and asked a strange question. “Clare,” he said, seriously. “Do you mind telling me who was that bloody boy you brought home last night? I may be out, but your mother was in you know.” I almost choked when I heard Dad said that.

“What bloody boy?” Clare faked innocence.

That bloody boy with chestnut brown hair and emerald green eyes whose nose looked broken and can't seem to stop bleeding?” Dad stressed the sentence in details.

“I don't know what you are talking about,” Clare continued munching on her pancake, her icy blue eyes looking down to avoid eye contact.

“Clarice Andrea Hathaway,” Dad said grimly. “That boy -”

Before Dad could finish his speech, Clare stood up and ran out of the front door, shouting that she had to leave early for some early class. A lie obviously. I looked towards her retreating figure and frowned. If that boy do anything to my dear baby sister, I swear I'll take a butcher's knife and chop his you-know-what off.

“That girl,” Dad shook his head and continued his reading. I laughed lightly and gave Mum a peck on the cheeks before leaving the house.

My car was parked by the side of the road – thank goodness as I'm too lazy to turn right and walk five meters to the garage – and I unlocked the door before sliding in and starting the engine. Humming along the song of Tonight by FM Statics, I drove to Hillridge High.

The school was packed with students well... everywhere! I felt as if I'm younger again when I stepped into the school grounds. Some students were looking my way, curious at why an adult would be doing in a high school. I bet they probably think I'm here to pick my kid up. Not!

I entered the school and went straight to the principal's office. Not to get a lecture about my mischiefs but to greet the old man this time. I'm all grown up and graduated, I think I should at least greet the principal who used to sent me into detention for being for my misconduct all the time. I knocked onto the wooden door that says Principal's Office lightly and a voice from inside the room told me to come in.