Chapter 1: Him...

~Grace's POV~

8 years later...

"Come on, Clarice..." I urged as I tugged onto her arm to keep up with my pace.

"Can we take a break already?" She groaned, snatching her arm back. Beside her, my two other childhood friends, Kristle and Jessica trudged their feet along, all the while complaining how painful it was to be dragged along on my shopping spree. I looked down - a bunch of rainbow coloured shopping bags in my hands.

"Yeah, Grace," Jes turned to me with a bored look. "We have been dragged along for four solid hours without rest. I think it's reasonable that we should have a break." Even Kristle turned to me and clasped her hands and started begging.

“Please, please Grace,” she pleaded with those irresistibly adorable eyes that seems to bulged out of their sockets. “I'm so tired I might pass out and die!” she wined. Jes rolled her eyes and started staring at a little cute cafe nearby. Her mouth immediately broke into a devilish grin.

“Oh no!” I exclaimed just as Jes turned to me, smiling that suspicious grin. “Don't you dare!”

A minute later, I was dragged into the cafe and forced to sit in a booth, with my shopping bags squeezed in with me. “Hey!” I shouted and Jes glared at me. I clamped my mouth shut immediately, knowing arguing with her isn't going to help the situation.

I pouted my lips in frustration as I pushed my bags into a corner, causing shuffling noises as it crashed against the sweet creamy coloured wall. We were seated beside a gigantic crystal clear windows which framed one side of the wall of the cafe. The windows were opened and a breeze flowed through, causing the soft lilac curtains at the side to dance with the wind.

I snapped my head to Jes and shot really sharp daggers at her, not enjoying this at all. Look into my eyes and read my telepathic message: I'm not happy! Jes rolled her creamy brown eyes and stuff her head into the menu. I released a huff of frustration and turned to Clare. “Clare...” I hissed through gritted teeth, hoping she get my message.

Clare, being Clare, rolled her eyes at my pathetic face and stuck out her pink tongue. She then beamed in delight like a ten-year-old as if she hadn't done anything wrong like skipping her detentions and started wiggling her tongue playfully at me, her icy blue eyes twinkling in mischief.

I sighed in irritation, knowing the childish girl won't be of any help to me and switched my gaze to Kristle instead. Kristle was the almighty Jessica's little sister, but unlike her sister, she was much softer. Though at times like teasing and mischief, she can be quite the girl.

“Kristle...” I tried to say warmly, putting on my best acting smile. I didn't want to scare the guts out of her...though I doubt I will even if I did not include the smile...oh, well...

“Yes?” Kristle asked sweetly, fluttering her lashes at me innocently. Gosh...she's only sixteen and she's fluttering her lashes as if she's flirting or something. Teenagers nowadays...sigh...are seriously really brilliant. Please note the sarcasm.

“Get us out of this cafe so that I can continue my shopping,” I said nicely through gritted teeth. Kristle would never ever do me a favour if I wasn't nice to her. “Please?” I pushed on, determination getting the better of me. “Pretty please?” I fluttered my long fake lashes. “With millions and millions of sprinkles on top?”

I hate to beg, but it looked like I'd no other options. I heard a snort and a stifled laugh coming from Clare's and Jes's direction. On instinct, I swayed my head to them and they immediately stuff their heads into the menus again.