Chapter 39: Merry Christmas!

"Merry Christmas!" Kristle was the first to blurt out as she set down two large bags onto the creamy floor of the cafe while dumping her oddly heavy handbag beside her. 

"Got you guys a little gift." She explained excitedly, clearly elated with her choice of presents. Grace and Clarice stopped their conversation mid way, while Jessica turned down her music and slammed her note book shut.  

"Aww, Kris you didn't have to." Grace replied sweetly touched by the thought, reaching down the bag Kristle whipped out a long red box, decorated with red ribbons one down across while one from the sides with a small bow peeking out. With both hands Kristle shoved it towards Jessica, with wide eyes she smiled and accepted the lovely gift from her sister. Opening the gift she smiled at the sight of the bronze chain, an umbrella shaped pendant with diamond drops hanging from the edges while accompanied by a small toadstool and a lightning bolt.  

"Thanks Sis, this is awesome! Now we can have matching necklaces!" 

"Sorry I couldn't find the hipster glasses ones you liked though..." Kristle smiled sheepishly, as she picked up a menu from the side.  

"It's okay, I like this one though. It goes well." Jessica stated as she dangled the chain down her neck going well with the the black singlet worn over by her light faded blouse. 

"Well good thing I have a sense of fashion then." Kristle joked as she reached for the other two bags.  

"This one is for you Clare."  

Kristle handed her a large red bag, inside a wrapped present fitted nicely inside. Smiling, she accepted the gift giving a polite "thank you."  

"And this one is for you Grace," Kristle reached for the last bag handling it carefully to Grace, " Careful, it's fragile." Taking it gently Grace couldn't help but shake it slightly. "What did I just say?!" Laughing Grace raised her hand apologetically.  

"Sorry we didn't get anything for you..." Grace apologized as she placed the gift beside her on the plush chair.  

"Nah I wanted to." Kristle stated matter of factly, ending their apologies immediately.  

"You seem pretty serious about this,"Clarice commented, taking a sip of her tea as she looked at Kristle for an answer. 

"I just really wanted to get into the Christmas spirit." Kristle stated shyly before smiling happily at the 3 friends.  

"So... Do you like it?" 

Quickly a chorus of agreements went around them. 

"Of course." 

"Man I feel bad." 

"Yep." 

"Well anyway, what are you guys going to do for Christmas?" Jessica asked, her hands twirling around the cold chain harsh against her skin. She knew what she was going to do, plump herself down in bed and never get up until santa comes home. She felt tired bearing two children in her large stomach, especially since one of them was constantly keeping her up all night and the constant craving for Lindor Quality chocolates weren't exactly helping with her self esteem.  

"Nothing much, just need to shop for some food for tonight's dinner. I'll probably ask Ye Kai to do some man work though I have the feeling I would be the one doing most of it..." Clarice explained monotonously, as she drowned the last of her earl grey tea with a gulp. Thinking of Ye Kai made her day slightly better, though she would be risking her ears of horrible out of tune singing, every moment spent with the skinny boy would be a great one. But what made her slightly excited was probably her older bro's visit, she hadn't seen him after the wedding which was months ago after which they went for their honey moon only returning back in time for Christmas. Though she would never admit to missing the hair messer/Tatter tale brother, he still held a special place in her heart.