Chapter 7: Apology

~Ye Kai 's POV~

"I love you... Forever..." the dashing actor said as he held the actress lovingly. At that moment five pairs of eyes turned to glare at Tim. Mine included. Tim shrugged at us and mouthed sorry as he handed Christy a piece of tissue.

He had totally broke the bro code! Basketball before girlfriend. And what were we doing now? Sitting in complete darkness watching reruns of "Loving you forever." Great, just great.

"Oh Jarly, we can't do this..." the actress pushed the actor away and I couldn't help but feel a wave of goose bumps spread over me. "Of course you can't. He's so disgusting," a few snickers were passed around the boys beside me but (somehow) Tim reached behind Christy and whacked me behind the head.

"Why Clarice? We are meant to be together," my goose bumps felt like they rose ten feet. "because I love Ye Kai." I suddenly sat up. "Ha he fell for it!" one of my swim team friends burst out laughing until he rolled in the floor. I felt my face turn red, it was then I realized the actress said her line, "because I love Thomas."

"You know Rao Mao puked on that spot right?" Christy added to take my defense. I glanced at her just in  time to see her wink at me. I smiled back at her in gratitude. A weird uneasy feeling lingered at the pit of my stomach but I shook it off and concentrated on the movie.

But my head kept running back to that day. We were in the girl's bathroom and I was plucking rice from her hair as I ran through it once or twice. It was then I realized how silky and soft it was. Feeling it slide of my fingers so gently... Suddenly I found myself staring at her facial features as she cleaned off a stain on her hoodie. Her cheeks were still pink against her slightly tanned toned and her lips were pink and plumpish, so lovely, so kissable...

Finally the movie ended and majority of the basket ball boys were already in the yard waiting for the rest of us. Finally I snapped out of my weird trance as The sudden impact on my cheek caused me to awaken. I rubbed the part where Tim smacked my cheek. "Dude, come on their waiting for us." I got up and left the house leaving that weird image out of my mind for a while...

           ~Clarice's POV~

My eyes were beginning to droop as my tuition teacher went on about something along the lines of political matters. My mind was wandering to other matters though, the weird way Ye Kai was staring at me the other day, my visit to see Andre about Grace and most importantly SLEEP. I glanced over to my left and saw a bed. So springy and soft, imagine being enveloped in those warm, lavender blankets laying my heavy head on the silk covered cushion, feeling a warm arm move around my waist and run-wait, warm arm?

I suddenly jerked up and my tuition teacher jumped from her seat. "What's the matter dear?" my eyes were still wide open when I turned to look at her. My eyes were staring quizzically at her like she was the one who had scared the crap out of me. "Uh...I..um am just shocked at how ill treated these civilians are by the government. Some one should take a stand." I stammered uncertainly, why was I always caught up in these kinds of situations?

"Yes yes Clarice, you are right, someone needs to take a stand. Now let me find something that we can further go into this matter..." she blabbered as she left the room. Immediately when she left the room I grasped the opportunity and slipped into the warm covers. It was exactly like how I imagined, except one thing was missing. Warm arms... That's weird...

I closes my eyes and thought of that warm arm when the familiar pitter patter of my tuition teacher's sandals alerted me. Within less than a second I was in my same position I had a before she left. But this time I was no longer eyeing the comfy bed.

I shoved the door open, my heavy bag weighing me down. I was debating in my head why I needed tuition, and how it was a waste of time when Girl Girl came pattering towards me and gave me a friendly lick. I ruffled the fur on her head fumbling with her soft pointed ears before I kicked the door shut with my foot.