012. Hallmark Story

Chapter Twelve | Hallmark Story

The moon seems to hum and
ring in a certain way that shame
and sorrow, my only emotions,
start glimmering in my flesh.

Nina Cassian, from Life Setence:
Poems; "The Kiwi Bird," wr. c. 1967

Queen Maryse and Prince Harry: Engagement interview in full

The newly engaged couple spoke to the BBC's Mishal Husain on Monday afternoon.

Their on-screen interview have given us the greatest insight yet into the relationship of Queen Maryse and Prince Harry, from their first date to the proposal and everything in between.

A series of clips captured after their interview with Mishal Husain shows the pair larking around with their microphones off, teasing each other as they prepared to answer questions in front of the nation.

Their body language saw them nestle closely together, regularly touching hands and sneaking sidelong glances as each other spoke.

The Queen turns to stare at the Prince in a mock interrogation, before they mimic each other's silly arm gestures in sync.

Speaking about the interview on The One Show, Husain said it was clear that the couple were "very much in love".

"I had a bit of time with them ahead of us recording the interview, so we talked a bit in that time as well.

"The overall I came away with is clearly they're a couple very much in love. You can see the bond between them, it's there in the body language.

"But I also was really struck that this is a couple who had to decide really early on in their relationship whether or not this has potential.

"I was really struck by the amount of thought they've put into about what it means to be together."

Indicating the depths of his feeling for his bride-to-be, Prince Harry said: "The fact that I fell in love with Maryse so incredibly quickly was sort of confirmation to me that everything, all the stars were aligned, everything was just perfect.

"It was this beautiful woman just sort of literally tripped and fell into my life, I fell into her life."

×

''So, who have you picked for your maids of honor?" Kate asked. "We need to know so their measurements can be taken for the dresses." She said.

"Renee, Natalie, Catherine and well I was hoping you would do me the honors of being one of my maid of honor." I said.

"Oh my goodness! Yes, of course. I would love to." She said.

"Great, because my dress is going to be crazy huge and I'll need all the help I can get moving around." I said.

Harry came about an hour later while Kate and I were still working on the guest list. They were now on guest number one thousand and twenty three.

"One thousand and twenty three people, for what?" Harry asked.

"Harry, this is a wedding between two royals. A lot of people will want to be there." Kate answered.

"Can the Royal Chapel even hold that much people?'' He asked.

"Yes, it can." I answered.