06. Royal Pain

Chapter Six | Royal Pain

Prince Harry in Paris on first official visit since mother Diana's death

British royal Prince begin visit to French capital in European tour to strengthen ties as Brexit looms

The Prince Harry of Wales is in Paris on his first official visit to the French capital – the first time Prince Harry has been on royal duty in the city since his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, died in a car crash there almost 18 years ago.

Harry flew to the city on Friday in a private jet from London and were driven to the Elysée Palace for a meeting with Her Majesty Queen Marsye. He was greeted on the steps of the palace by the Queen, who was flanked by two members of the Garde républicaine. After posing for photographers, she led him into the royal's residence.

Before they left, the Queen took him outside into the gardens of the palace for a second photocall, walking them down a sun-bathed terrace in front of the waiting cameras, stopping to chat occasionally as she pointed out items of interest.

The trip is part of a campaign of "soft" diplomacy aimed at forging links on the continent as Britain starts delicate and complicated Brexit negotiations.

An aide said of the meeting: "Harry is very grateful that the Queen has invited him to the Elysée Palace for a meeting at the very start of his trip, which gives you an indication of the importance and status of the visit."

The Prince was later driven 100 yards in a black Range Rover for a reception at the British ambassador's residence, where he met young entrepreneurs, artists, athletes, musicians and other guests. Harry gave a speech to launch Les Voisins – The Neighbours – a year-long celebration of Anglo-French links.

On Friday evening Harry attended a dinner hosted by the British ambassador Lord Edward Llewellyn with British and French guests, including actress Kristin Scott-Thomas and French stars Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou.

-

"I can't believe you got Elizabeth to agree for to come here." I said.

"When I told her the reason why, she was more than happy to agree." Harry said.

"And what did you tell her?" I asked.

"Her future granddaughter in law, is the Queen of France and I'm trying to win her heart." He said.

"If it isn't Mister take your virginity." Renee said walking up with Natalie who was smirking.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Oh don't play stupid, you better be here begging her to marry you for taking her virginity." Natalie said.

"Don't mind her she's pregnant and the hormones have gone to her head." Renee said.

"So I guess the family knows about our night." Harry said.

"Renee, can't keep a secret." I said.

"I think it's romantic you chased after her especially since Valentine's day is tomorrow." Renee said.

"You two should do something together tomorrow and please use protection we don't want babies before marriage." Natalie said.

"I can't believe you just said that. Where isCatherine so she can put you two in time out?" I said.

"Whatever." Natalie said as her and Renee walk away.

"I'm sorry, that was so embarrassing." I said.