The French-Canadian Queen

Queen Maryse, Duchess of Reichstadt (Maryse Lucia Therese Alexandra Michelle; born 21 January 1983) is the Queen of France.

Maryse was born in Montreal, Quebec, but grew up in France as the first child of King Henri VI and Queen Lucia, She is a member of the Royal House of Ouellet

Maryse was born in Montreal, Quebec, but grew up in France as the first child of King Henri VI and Queen Lucia, She is a member of the Royal House of Ouellet. She was educated privately at home.

Maryse is a native speaker of French, fluent in English, and she is able to speak and read Spanish. Maryse has a tattoo of her late father's name, Henri, on her left wrist. She has a degree in business administration from Harvard, and holds a black belt in martial arts.

Her favorite actress is Scarlett Johansson, her favorite bands are Simple Plan and Nickelback, and she loves techno music. Maryse is vegetarian.

Maryse has four younger siblings. Princess Renee, Duchess of Aquitaine, who is the heir to the french throne, Prince Jonah, Duke of Narbonne, who is first in line for the french throne, Princess Natalie, Duchess of Toulouse, who is second in line for the french throne, and Princess Catherine-Joy, Duchess of Burgundy, who is third in line for the french throne.

Four years prior to Maryse's birth, a new act of succession was put into effect which introduced absolute primogeniture, meaning that Maryse comes first in the line of succession because she is the eldest child. She is France's first queen regnant.

-

Queen of France begin six-day state visit

THE QUEEN is to finally welcome the Queen of France to the UK this week for a six-day state visit

The French royal arrive in London today, and will be formally greeted by the Queen and Prince Harry of Wales on Horse Guards Parade tomorrow.

Maryse, who is staying at Buckingham Palace, will be feted with a grand state banquet in the ballroom tomorrow evening - with Prince Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge expected to be attending.

It will be the first time full time royal Harry, has taken part in a state visit.

On Thursday, he will accompany the royal visitor to Westminster Abbey.

Maryse will lay a wreath at the Grave of the Unknown Warrior and Harry will join her on a short tour of the Abbey, including the Tomb of Eleanor 'Leonor' of Castile - the 13th century Spanish princess who married Edward I.

The state visit is seen as an important step in securing relations with French as the UK leaves the EU.

Maryse was also a guest at the Duke and Duchess's wedding in 2011.