013. Bridal Shower

Chapter Thirteen | Bridal Shower

"In all things of nature
there is something
of the marvelous."

- Aristotle

Harry groaned as he pulled Maryse's warm body closer to his, the ringing of his phone woke him up. He huffed before pulling away and grabbing for his phone on the nightstand. He winced when Kate's picture flashed across his screen. He quickly slid his finger across the phone and sighed before bringing the phone up to his ear.

"Wake Maryse up and tell her to meet us girls at Renee's wing." Kate said.

"Good morning to you too, Kate." Harry said.

"Good morning, Harry, now do what you're told and William will be over in a few so wake her up, so she can get ready." She said.

"Yes, ma'am." He said.

"Goodbye, Harry." She said.

"Goodbye, Katie." He said hanging up.

Harry rolled over and shook Maryse awake. Maryse moaned and put the covers over her head. Harry smiled.

"Maryse, wake up." Harry said.

"Just give me a few minutes." She said.

"Nope, Kate said you need to get up." He said.

"Kate, can go to hell." She said.

"You don't mean that." He said.

"Harry, I haven't slept in days. Morning sickness is kicking my ass so yes I mean it." She said.

"I'll make sure she feeds you." He said.

"Fine." She said getting up.

"That's my girl." He said.

-

My sisters and Kate had pulled off a pretty incredible bridal shower. The theme was flowers, and that was what the decoration was entirely made of: the most incredible and magnificent arrangements consisting of chandeliers, hanging floral displays and centrepieces, an opulent dessert table, giant light-up letters.

Although there were only 60 guests in attendance including Camilla and Kate, Harry's cousins Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Autumn, Harry's aunt Sophie as well as her daughter Lady Louise, and his aunts and cousins on his mother's side and the girls from our friend group (mine and Harry's) were all there. There was enough sweets and decadent desserts made to cater for at least 100 people.

Among the delicacies on offer were 180 macaroons and 120 white chocolate-dipped strawberries which adorned a large perspex table, alongside trays of cupcakes, French delights, cookies, three pink and white cakes and fresh roses and peonies.

The day had been so much fun I didn't even want it to end, but we had a long week to come – including the final fitting of my wedding dress, and picking out a tiara to wear and making sure everyone had a place to stay during the week of the wedding, so at some point I just had to say goodbye to my guests.

"Thank you, everyone for coming and celebrating my upcoming wedding with me. It means a lot to me and I cannot wait to see you all at the wedding. I hope you all got the memo, all the women wear blue or various shades of blue." I said as everyone started walking up to me, giving me hugs and goodbyes.

Camilla smiled as she gave me a kiss in the cheek goodbye.

"I cannot wait until the wedding to see your dress." She said.

"Thank you, and you'll be there in the morning when I get ready, right." I said.

"Oh, I did not know I could come." She said.

"Of course, you can come, Camilla." I said.

"Okay, I'll be there." She said.

"Great." I said.

×

"Your Majesty, the Parliament request your presence." Melissa said.

"Thank you, Melissa." I said standing up and putting the documents down.

I walked to the bookshelf and pulled down a book that acts as a lever and watched it open up. I walked into the secret passage and down a few steps to the chamber of parliament.

"Hello, everyone, I hope you have good news for me." I said as the group quiet down at my presence.

"Yes, Your Majesty." Duke Leonard of Fenton said.

"Very well, would you like to share it with me." I said as I sat down.

"We have come to an agreement that we will pass the bill to allow Prince Henry of Wales to be your King Consort." Duke Leonard said.

"Thank you, I know some of you are still wary about this but I assure you that Harry, will hold the equivalent of the my monarchical titles, but he does not share my political and military powers. And the he will be granted the automatic right to rule or of succession to the throne if I should die or our heir is not of age to rule." I said.

"Your Majesty, does that mean you will grant him the Crown Matrimonial of France?" Duke Jefford of Eddington asked.

"Yes, I will." I answered.

"And when do you plan on doing this, Your Majesty?" Duchess Amalia of Collingwood asked.

"After, our wedding I will grant him the Crown Matrimonial of France." I answered.

"Your Majesty, has His Royal Highness made a decision on whether he will use his birth name or nickname since he is made your King Consort?" Duke Leonard asked.

"He has made the decision to continue using his nickname." I replied.

"Very well, I don't know how we would handle another Henry." Duke Guillame whispered but I still heard him.

"If that is all I would like to return back to my study now?" I asked.

"No, one more thing. Your Majesty, how soon will you and Harry produce an heir?" Duke Guillame asked.

"Well Harry and I have chosen to start as soon as possible hopefully a month after the wedding, we will be making a pregnancy announcement." I answered, only if they knew.

"Very well, Your Majesty, you may return to your study." He said.

"Good day." I said.

×

"They really asked you that." Harry said as we laid in bed as I told him about my meeting with the parliament.

"Yes, they did. I mean it's a good thing because it will be easier for us to announce the pregnancy after the wedding." I said.

"Yeah, until everyone figures out the due date and start doing the month." He said.

"Don't worry, as long as Renee gives birth before me, no one will suspect a thing." I said.

"Maryse, you're further along then Renee." He said.

"Yes, I know but Renee's pregnancy is a high risk one which no one knows so they won't suspect a thing." I said.

"You've planned everything out, haven't you?" He asked.

"Yes, I have. Now, let's go to sleep." I answered.

"Goodnight, Queen." He said.

"Goodnight, King." I said.