01. Welcome to England

Chapter One | Welcome to England

Day One of State Visit - February 2013

[Maryse's Outfit]

The car came to a stop before the palace butler, opened Maryse's door for her

The car came to a stop before the palace butler, opened Maryse's door for her. Giving him a smile and a small thanks, Maryse stood up and smoothed out her dress. Running a hand through her hair, she took a deep breath. Nodding to the butler again she went in the Palace.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Harry of Wales stood at the main hall stairs waiting to greet the Queen of French. Smiling at the workers, Maryse walked in from the long hallway and was greeted by another butler, who then announced her arrival.

"Presenting Her Majesty, Queen Maryse of France." He said as Maryse entered the room with a bright smile on her face.

"Elizabeth." Maryse said as she gave Queen Elizabeth a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"Maryse, thank you for visiting." Queen Elizabeth said smiling.

"Oh no, thank you for allowing me to visit." Maryse said as she looked next to the Queen at Prince Harry who bowed to her then kissed her hand.

"Welcome to England, Your Majesty." Prince Harry said.

"Thank you." Maryse said.

"Now let's go meet the others." Queen Elizabeth said walking up the stairs followed by Maryse then Harry.

Once we made up the stairs, Elizabeth leads us to a long hallway then a double door. The butler opened the door and we walked in.

"About time you got here, Maryse." Prince Philip said.

"Hello, Philip, I see things haven't changed a bit with you." I said as he gave me a hug and a kiss on the hand then I moved on to Prince Charles and his wife Camilla.

"It's a pleasure, Your Majesty." Prince Charles said to me as he bowed and kissed my hand.

"Please call me, Maryse." I said.

"It's nice to meet you, Your Majesty." Camilla said as she curtsey to me.

"Please call me, Maryse." I said then I moved on to Duke William of Cambridge and his wife Catherine.

"Hello, Your Majesty, it's nice to see you again." Duke William said as he bowed and kissed my hand.

"Now, William, you know you can call me, Maryse, yes it is nice to see you again." I said.

"Hello, Your Majesty, you look lovely." Catherine said as she curtsey to me.

"Thank you, Catherine, you look lovely as well and please it's Maryse." I said as I went back and stand next to Elizabeth.

"Now that you have been introduced to everyone, If we could all make our way to the dining room and continue conversation in there; The butler said that dinner is ready." Elizabeth said.

Harry led the way. As they reached the table Harry gripped the back of a wood chair and pulled it out gracefully before gently ushering Maryse to it. He watched as she rose an eyebrow before sinking down into it gently. As he pushed her chair to the table his fingers grazed her shoulders softly, giving her some form of comfort before taking his seat beside her and across from William.

As the others took their places at the table Philip's deep voice commanded the attention of his company, "We're having roast with potatoes and carrots but Her Majesty, Maryse, will be having baked eggplant parm since she's a vegetarian." He said.

"Thank you for the accommodation." I said.

-

[Maryse's outfit]

"So Catherine , how's the pregnancy so far with baby number two?" Maryse asked as the two were on their way to an public engagement

"Morning sickness is a bit rough but everything is great." Catherine answered.

"Wonderful, Do William and you know what you're having?" Maryse asked.

"Oh no, we want to be surprised." Catherine replied.

"Well by the looks of it, I think you're having a girl." Maryse said.

"How can you tell?" Catherine asked.

"My sister Catherine-Joy has two kids both girls and she was about the size as you." Maryse answered.

"That would be exciting if it were a girl." Catherine said.

"It would be wonderful." Maryse said.

"Are you still dating Mr. Business man from when William and I came to visit?" Catherine asked.

"Oh no, we decided to end things." She replied.

"What happened?" Catherine asked.

"He didn't want to have to give up his ways to be King." Maryse answered.

"What a jerk, he knew what it meant dating you." Catherine said.

"Don't worry, Catherine ." Maryse said.

"How long have you been single since then?" Catherine asked.

"Almost a year." Maryse answered.

"And you didn't call me." Catherine said.

"No, because I know you would start scheming." Maryse said.

"Scheming?" Catherine asked.

"Yes, I can already see your brain already trying to set me up with someone." Maryse answered.

"I would never." Catherine said lying.

"Okay, Catherine , if you say so." Maryse said as the car stopped.

"It's time." Catherine said.

"Let's do this." Maryse said as she got out of the car.

They came into view of the photographers then and were suddenly blinded by flashes. Maryse smiled and began waving.

"Queen Maryse," one of them called. "You look lovely!"

She laughed lightly. "Well, thank you."

Catherine walked up next to her so the photographers could get a shot of them together.