First Birthday

I woke up to the sound of my children's voices just across the hall to my bedroom.

I jumped up with a smile. It was the best way to wake up. I ran to their bedroom as they were in their cribs, looking up to me, with the most precious smiles.

"Happy first birthday, T and Junior!" I said to them.

"Ma-ma." Junior said.

They have been saying little words like that for a few weeks. Its Junior's favorite word. And I love it. He's a mama's boy.

T loves to laugh. That's her favorite thing to do. If she isn't giggling, she's either sleeping or eating.

T has also began walking. She started walking about a month ago. However, Junior, he tries to walk, but he just hasn't quite gotten it down yet.

Kate ran in. "Their awake!" She picked T up and smiled at Junior. "I've been waiting for you little munchkins to wake up!"

Kate loved T and Junior. Every time she had the chance to go to London and see them, she did. She was here for a few days again. To spend time with the twins on their first birthday.

Kate was now a sophomore in collage. She gets good grades and she's studying to become a pediatrician. She wants to work with children. Because she is so good with them. I'm so happy she is pursuing her dreams.

I picked Junior up and turned to Kate. "Hey, can you watch them for a bit while I go get a birthday cake?" I asked.

She nodded. Smiling at T. "I'd love to."

I gave T and Junior a kiss. "Be good for Aunty Kate, while I'm gone. I love you."

I was just getting to the door when my phone began ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello sweetheart! How are our little one year olds doing." Tom asked.

I smiled. "They're doing great. But I think they miss their Daddy."

Tom sighed. "Tell them that Daddy misses them too."

Tom was out of town for a couple of days. He had to attend the premiere for his newest movie. So he wasn't going to be here for T and Junior's first birthday.

It was hard, when I found out. But we got through it. He always calls and checks in on us when he is gone. We weren't fighting. We were, perfect. Everything about our family, and our life was perfect.

"Okay, Tom I have to go and get the cake. But I'll make sure to call you later so that you can say happy birthday to them. I love you." I said as I grabbed my car keys off of the counter.

Tom laughed. "Okay. Make you sure you remember to call. I wouldn't want to miss their birthday."

As he said that. I opened the door to the house. There was Tom. Standing in the doorway, he smiled.

I instantly dropped my phone and I jumped into his arms. "Tom! You're here!"

He looked into my eyes and hugged me tight. "Of course I'm here. I'd never miss my children's birthday for anything. The premiere can wait. Right now, The only place I want to be, is right here, with my family."

I kissed him. "Thank you."

He grinned. "Its my pleasure, Mrs. Hiddleston."

He let go of me. "I almost forgot." He ran to the car a few feet away and took out a birthday cake.

I smiled at him. "You got the cake."

He nodded. "And a couple of gifts."

"You're such a good Dad." I said.