Beileve in Yourself

The front door opened. "Jessica! Are you here, I got us some brunch."

I walked to the kitchen and greeted Tom. "Hey, so... how'd it go?"

He frowned.

I looked at him. "What!? Did you forget your lines, did it go badly?"

His frown quickly turned to a laugh. "No I was just joking, I think i did pretty good actually!"

I playfully nudged his arm for joking with me like that, Then I smiled. "Yay!!! See, I told you that you could do it."

He wrapped his arms around me. "Yes you did, Thank you for believing in me, Mrs. Hiddleston."

"You are welcome, Mr. Hiddleston. Now start believing in yourself."

He smiled.

As we sat down to eat, I thought about my book.

"So, guess what I did today?" I said.

Tom finished chewing his food. He took a napkin to cover his mouth as he spoke. "What did you do?"

I took a deep breath. "I started writing a book."

He looked at me surprised. "A book!? That's amazing Jess! What about?"

"About my life." I said.

He smiled. "So am I going to be in this book of yours?"

I grinned. "I don't know... I guess I'll squeeze you in for a couple of chapters."

He laughed. "Well thank you! I know I'm not a big part of your life, I mean, I'm only YOUR HUSBAND!" He said sarcastically.

We laughed for a moment.

Tom stared at me. "Its funny, I have known you for 2 years, and I have never known that you like to write."

I stared down at my plate. "I used to write all the time in high school. And before Tara died. But I stopped. And I forgot about how much I loved doing it."

Tom smiled. "I'm glad you've found something that you enjoy doing."

"Me too." I said with a grin.

He smiled at me. "So when could I read this book of yours, and does it have a name?" He asked.

"You can read it when its finished. And, I don't know the name of it yet. I want to wait til' the end, to name it." I answered.

He nodded. "That makes sense."

I looked at him, with a serious expression. "Do you think its stupid, that I'm writing a book?"

He took my hand. "Oh heavens no! In fact, I think its amazing. You are amazing. You tell me to believe in myself, now its about time that you do the same thing Jessica. If I know you, your book will be great. Your life is just crazy enough to be a book, hell, it might even be a best seller."

I smiled. He was right. I did have to believe in myself. Especially if I was going to write this book. "Thanks Tom."  

"Your welcome sweetheart. Well, now that we have finished eating, how about you and I sit down to a movie? He said.

I thought for a moment "Okay, but only on one condition."

He looked at me. He knew what I was going to say. "Jessica. It can be a Marvel movie." He answered as he rolled his eyes and smiled.

I laughed. "Good!"