Come with Me

"Jessica hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

Tom said from the door.

I laughed. "Chill out! I'm almost ready."

Yeah, I might take a while to get ready. Especially now, I can't do anything as fast as I used to, with 2 humans growing inside me.

Tom was usually patient. But today was different. He must have something BIG planned, because he seemed He nervous. And that, made me nervous.

I finally was ready. He told me to dress up, so I wore a red dress and a pair of flats. I am NOT wearing heels while I'm pregnant.

When I got to the front door, Tom was pacing the floor. When he saw me, he grinned, and his eyes widened. "Jessica, you look stunning."

I blushed. "Really?"

Tom finally stopped in his tracks. His nervous, fidgety self, was calm. "Yes. I really mean it."

For a few seconds. He just stared at me. And I stared at him. He wore a black tux. He looked so good.

He finally snapped out of it and grabbed my jacket. He put it around me. "Ready?"

I looked at him. "Yeah, but can you at least give me a hint, to where we are going?"

He shook his head and opened the door in front of me. "Nope. If I give you a hint, it would ruin the surprise."

As he opened to door, in front of the house was a limo. I gasped and turned to him.

He winked at me. "See, if I told you that I got a limo, I wouldn't have been able to see your surprised reaction. And I love your surprised reaction."

I laughed. "This is amazing, Tom."

He opened the door for me to step in. "This isn't even the best surprise."

As we drove, the sun was just beginning to set. I watched as the London lights began to turn on, and the sky grew darker. Tom looked at me. "Remember the last time that we were in a limo?"

I smiled. "Yes! It was our second, actual date. We went to your house. And you set up a candle light dinner. It was the first time I was ever treated, like a princess."

He slipped his arm around me. "Sweetheart, you will always be treated like a princess, As long as I am always your prince."

I kissed him softly on the lips. "You'll always be my prince."

He grinned. "You know what else happened that night?"

I looked at him. "What?"

"That was the first time I said I love you. I told you that, when I first saw you... it was love at first sight." Tom said.

I thought back to that night. I remembered every minute. Like my favorite movie. "Look how far we have made it."

Tom nodded. "We've made it through it all, together. And we still have so much to go through. But as long as you are by my side. We can do it. I know."

The limo began slowing down. Before I could even look out the window to see where we were, Tom stopped me. "No! Put this on first."

He slipped a blind fold over my eyes. I couldn't see anything. "Tom, are you sure its a good idea to blind a pregnant woman?"

He laughed. "Relax, I'll be your eyes."

He led me out of the limo and down the side walk. "Watch your step." He said.

I jokingly said. "Are you going to kill me?"

He chuckled. "No! Good grief, Jessica! You are talking to Tom, not Loki!"

I giggled. "Of course!"

I heard a door open as he led me into a building. It was quiet.

Tom sighed nervously. "Okay are you ready?"

I took a deep breath. "Yes. I'm ready."

He untied the blind fold, and took it off my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I covered my mouth in my palms. "Tom!"

He smiled. "Do you know where we are?"

We were in the coffee shop. The exact coffee shop, in London, where Tom and I met. It wasn't crowded this time, it was completely empty. No one but us.

He pointed to my feet. "You are standing in the exact spot, where I pushed you down. You are standing in the spot, where I saw, love at first sight."

Tears rolled down my cheek. "Tom, this is the best anniversary surprise. I love you."

He gently wiped the tears off my face. "I love you too."

I was so shocked. "How'd you do this!?"

He laughed. "Well, it took a lot of planning but I ended up calling the owner of the coffee shop, and asking if i could rent it out for the night. They said yes and, everything else, came to me naturally. I really wanted to make it special."

"Well you succeeded! You have made my night." I said.

He led me to the corner of the shop, there, was a table, set for two.

"A candlelight dinner." I said with a grin.

He sighed. "Well, more like, a candlelight, 'coffee and pastries'. Because that's all they sell here."

I laughed. "That's perfect."

We sat there, for hours. Just talking. We reminisced on the good times, all the times we laughed, or smiled. All of the memories we had made. And all the memories that we were making.

Tom reached his hand across the table, I reached mine, until our hands met in the middle. Then he said, "Two years. Two years with you. And not even one day, not one minute. I wouldn't change a single second, of my time with you.

I watched our hands in the center of the table, and followed his words, like I was reading them in my head. "Not even when we fight?"

He shook his head. "Nope. I wouldn't change any fight, or any conflict that we had. Because if we didn't go through, what we went through, we wouldn't be as strong as we are right now, in this moment. We may have so much to learn, but we have already taught each other so much, just by being together, just by being .... Us."

I squeezed his hand a little tighter. "I don't regret a thing."

He stood up and kissed me. "Me either."

Did you think that was the only surprise, you're wrong! Part 2 is coming up soon!