Caring For You

I couldn't keep my mind off the text message.

He paid for Kate to come and see me. After everything we said to each other, he still cared enough to do that for me.

I still mattered to him, but what i don't understand is that, If he cared this much, why doesn't he come home!? Why can't he at least answer his phone.

Why did he think I deserved better? I wanted him. And no one else.

I knew he was just trying to look out for me, but I was falling apart. And he needed to pick up the pieces.

Maybe what Tom said was true. Maybe we can't keep something that's not meant to be.... but that's just it. We were meant to be.

Fate lead me to him. And only him. My angels gave me him. All of these signs lead to Tom. Why can't he see what I see?

He is just letting me go. I thought he would fight for me. Isn't that what's supposed to happen?

I tossed my head into a pillow, defeated.

Kate sat by me, watching as I thought, and contemplated, and broke apart, piece by piece. She looked at me. "He was the one who gave me the idea, you know."

I looked at her. Taking a few breaths before building up the energy to speak. "What idea?"

"He gave me the idea to come to London. He planned it all out with me. He wanted to surprise you, with me." She explained.

I sighed. Not only did he pay for the trip, he planned it. "I'm such an idiot for leaving that day. He told me he was done. And I just left, before he could explain... I just left him. If I hadn't walked away, we could have worked it out. Its my fault."

"No Jessica! He should have been there that day. When you needed him, he should have been by your side. But he wasn't. You had every right to leave. You had ever right to be angry! You both said things you shouldn't have. But nothing is your fault! Never say that!" Kate exclaimed.

I tried believing her. Covering my mouth, and holding back more tears. "Do you think it'll ever get better? Will I ever be happy without him?" I asked.

Kate sighed and put her arm around me."Only time will tell."

I closed my eyes. Trying to concentrate. Tricking myself into thinking I could be okay. "Alright. I'm done crying over it. Like you said, time will tell... I just have to wait patiently. I can't think about it."

She smiled. "Now, That's the Jessica I know."

We watched movies the rest of the night... not Marvel. They reminded me of him too much. We watched comedies instead. They were actually pretty good. Obviously, Marvel was better.

-

-

I had fallen asleep on the couch. It reminded me of Tom. The night we had fallen asleep together, in this spot. The way we fit perfectly together, And the way he tried so hard not to wake me when he got up to go to the kitchen.

I didn't want to go in my bedroom. Without him. I stayed exactly where I was. Wondering if Tom was sleeping, or if he was as wide awake as I was.

My mind drifted.

The reason why I moved to London was to get away from the memories holding me back. Now, its as if those memories are coming back... just with Tom. It wasn't just Tara and Alexis. It was Tom now.

Why does everyone I get close to leave? Even though Kate told me it wasn't my fault. I had a faint idea that... it was.

Being calm and strong was my priority. I prayed that things would get better, that I could get answers.

-

-

I got up early to take a shower. A long one. The kinds of showers you take, when you just stand there. Feeling the water pressure hit you skin gently.

Kate and I were going shopping. Every time we shopped in the past, it would be for our wardrobe.

But today, we were shopping for a much smaller size. Infants.

We were baby shopping. Determined on finding cute, matching outfits for the twins.

-

-

I stood there, in the infant isle. Admiring the cute sayings on the baby onesies. Sayings like, 'I'm too cute to handle' and 'Spoiled rotten Angel' made me laugh.

Kate and I practically bought the whole isle.

Among the collection of baby apparel, were matching pink and blue onesies that said 'I'm cuter than my twin.' I HAD to get them for T and Junior to wear home from the hospital.

Seeing the clothes and diapers, reality finally set in, this was happening. Soon.

A feeling a both excitement and fear, came over me.

When Kate and I got home, I went into the bathroom and shut the door.

Splashing cold water on my face. I looked down to my babies. I touched my hands to my belly, the way Tom used to do.

I wanted to speak to my babies. So I did.

"T, Junior... Mommy, loves you so much. And I want to promise you that I'll be the best mother. I'll try. You were my best decision I have ever made. You, have a mommy and daddy who love you more than anything in this world. And I'm sorry that Mommy and Daddy cant be together to witness your perfection, as a family. But we will still love you, each of us. And we'll always be here for you. And help you throughout your lives. Because that's what mommys and daddys do. I love you babies. Come out soon. I want to hold you, and so does daddy."

Its gonna get CRAZY in these next few chapters! Hope you're ready for it!