One More

I couldn't sleep. That wasn't a big surprise to me. My best friend was leaving town in a few hours and I was just laying here.

I sat up in my bed and took a sip of water. Tom was awake, he looked over towards my direction. "Can't sleep?"

I sighed. "Nope."

"Than what are we waiting for?" he said.

I laughed. "Tom, you know me so well."

We jumped out of bed and got ready. I needed to see Kate one more time. Our last goodbye was good but it wasn't great. So we were going to surprise her at the airport.

I got dressed quick and left with Tom.

When we got to the airport, it was pretty empty. Which made it easy to find out where we were going.

It wasn't hard to find Kate. The only person in the airport with a pink suitcase.

When she saw Tom and I, her face lit up with joy. She ran over to us and hugged us like something out of a movie.

"You came!" She said with excitement.

I smiled. "How could I not come?"

We stayed with her for a while. And we made sure she had everything she needed. Maps, money, everything.

She had it all checked off. She was really ready.

Her plane was called.

I kept a smile on my face. "You are forgetting one thing."

She looked at me confused. "What?"

I took out a picture of Alexis, Tara, Kate and I. I placed the picture in the palm of Kate's hand. "You almost forgot your angels."

She smiled. A tear rolled down her cheek as she stared at the picture. "My angels."

I grinned and gave her one last hug goodbye. "I love you Kate. And remember, Tara and Alexis are with you. And you can call me anytime."

She wiped away her tears and hugged me back. "I know. I love you Jessica."

She said goodbye to Tom and walked towards the boarding area.

Before she got too far away, I shouted to her, "You better get straight A's in school, or you are gonna be in big trouble!"

She turned around and said sarcastically, "Okay mom."

She smiled at me. Even though she looked like she could cry.

I waved goodbye, and she left.

Tom and I waited at the airport. And watched her airplane take off into the sky. When her plane was airborne, I grabbed my necklace, and looked up to the clouds. "Alexis, Tara....Take good care of Kate for me. Watch over her."

Tom hugged me tight.

-

-

When we got home, Tom fixed us some coffee.

He looked at me and grinned. "You are so amazing."

I smiled at him. "What?"

He explained. "I know how hard it is for you to say goodbye. And you actually went to the airport and gave Kate a second goodbye. And on top of that, you reminded Kate of her angels. Jessica, you are so amazing, and you are going to be the best mother that a child could ask for."

I grinned. "Do you really think so?"

"I know so." He said.

-

-

It was just Tom and I today. I we knew exactly what we needed to do.

House hunt.

We searched listings after listings of houses in London. We both knew what we were looking for.

Good size house, kid-friendly neighborhood, nice view of London.

Not too much to ask for. Was it?

It obviously was, because there were NO

houses that Tom and I thought were Perfect. And that's what we needed... we needed perfect.

We couldn't find anything.

-

-

While I making dinner, Tom called me over. "Jessica come here! Come quick!"

I walked over to him, around the counter and he turned the lap top to face me, his face was filled with excitement.

He was showing me a house. The London house had everything we wanted and more.

He stared at me. "What do you think?"

I grinned. "I think we've found a place to start a family."

He jumped out of his chair, and kissed me. Once again, taking my breath away. And I loved it.

He looked deeply into my eyes. "I don't think its possible to be any more happy than I am right now, With you."

I stared into his eyes. "I love you... Forever-"

He finished my sentence. "And always." Then he kissed me once again.