Family

"You had a brain aneurysm." The doctor explained. They also explained that I was in surgery for hours and that It was a miracle that I lived.

I knew I only lived, because of my Angels. That was the only reason I am still breathing. I owe everything to Tara and Alexis.

The doctor explained to me what exactly a brain aneurysm is. It means there was a weak area in the wall of an artery, which supplies blood to the brain. The symptoms probably went unnoticed for a while, and as I were giving birth, the pressure that the pushing did, probably caused the near death experience.

I was lucky to be alive. I was lucky that I was in a hospital when it happened.

I was just... lucky.

The hospital door opened. "Jessica!" Kate cried.  She was shaking. "I thought you were gone. I thought you were dead. But your here." She said. Her voice so shaky.

I opened my arms for a hug. She hugged me tight. "I'm here, Kate. I'll always be here."

We hugged for a few moments. As I consoled her, she began to calm down. "Jessica, don't ever scare me like that again."

I smiled. "I won't."

Kate looked at me. "You were dead for a few moments. Did you see anything, did you see heaven?"

"Even better." I replied.

I grinned, remembering my encounter with Tara and Alexis. "I saw them, Kate. I saw our angels."

Kate's eyes grew wide. "You saw them?"

I nodded.

Her watery eyes looked around the room. "Do you think they're here right now?"

I took her hand and held it. "Yes. I know they are."

The door swung open once again. Tom stood in the door. He was breathing heavily, like he had been running all the way to my room.

"Jessica." He said. A tear ran down his cheek.

Kate got up and walked towards the door. "I'll just leave you two, alone." The door shut.

It was just Tom and I.

He walked over to me slowly. "You're alive."

I nodded. "I'm here."

His voice became just as shaky as Kate's. "Can I, talk to you?"

I smiled. "Of course."

He sat down in the chair beside me. "I don't know where to start. So I'm just going to say, I'm sorry." He paused for a moment before speaking again.

"I guess that saying is true. 'We all want what we don't have.' Because, when the doctors told me that you were dying, that's when I wanted you most. I wanted to be by your side, hold you, and take all of your pain away. And when they kicked me out of the room, you have no idea how much I wanted to run after you. And make sure you were okay. I knew you were dying. And I couldn't do a damn thing about it. Jessica, I screwed everything up. I let you go. And it took me until now to realize. I can't go on without you. I forgot how much you meant me. I was wrong when I told you that you deserve a better man. Because... I'm your man. I'll always be your man. I don't want you to be with any other man, but me. And I know that sounds selfish, but I truly mean every word. Jessica, you are my wife, you are the love of my life. I want to wake up and see your beautiful smile, and hear your cute laugh. And i want to be the reason for your happiness. That's my job. And I would trade everything... for you. I don't need the fame, or the movies. But I do need you. I know that I've been an idiot in the past, but if you give me a chance to show you, I can change. I can be that guy who is there for you. Who makes you feel safe. I just want us to feel like we did, when we first met. When I first saw that beautiful girl in the coffee shop. I want you, and no one else. Please Jessica, I've already almost lost you once, I don't want to lose you again."