Splash of Color

The next morning, Tom and I got ready and went to the hardware store.

Tom drove. I was still not used to driving on the other side of the car, and the road. Everything was backwards.

Tom and I were going to paint and decorate our children's rooms.

We had all of the furniture that we needed for the room already. Now it was time to put it all together, and paint too.

The hardest part was deciding a color to choose. As we stood in the paint section. I was baffled by the thousands of options.

"What color would you want?" Tom asked.

I stood, looking at the various pinks and blues. "I have no idea."

He sighed. "Me either." He was just as clueless as I was.

"Well, it should be a color that is good for a boy and a girl." I said.

He looked at me. "So... white?"

I laughed at his statement. "Yeah, but let's try something along the lines of... color." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled. "Okay, if you are such an expert. What color is made for both boys and girls?"

"There are a lot of boy- girl colors! Green! Yellow-" Before I could finish listing the colors, Tom interrupted.

"Loki colors?" he said with a grin.

I hadn't noticed that the first two colors I said, were the colors of Loki's costume in the movie.

"Yeah, Loki colors." I said with a smile.

Tom walked over to the yellow section. Yes. There was a whole section for the color yellow. So many different shades.

"Well, I feel like yellow is too bright."

He concluded.

I took his hand and led him to the greens. "Okay, how about green then." He explored the different shades.

"How about this one?" He asked me. He pointed to a light shade of green. Not as bright as Yellow. But not too dark either. And best of all, it was a cute baby color, for both a boy and a girl.

I grinned. "Tom, I think we've found our color."

He smiled. "I like it."

-

-

When we got back to the house. Tom and I dressed in our painting clothes. Which were basically clothes that were so old, that we wouldn't mine if we got them covered in paint.

I wore a faded pair of jeans and an oversized white tee shirt. Although it wasn't oversized anymore. It fit me perfect with my baby-belly in the way.

Tom wore a grey tee shirt with black sweatpants.

He looked at me and laughed. "How is it that you can dress in your oldest clothes, and still look beautiful."

I blushed. He is so sweet. I knew that I didn't look beautiful. But he still continued on giving me compliments. Like he could see something, that I couldn't. "Tom, no flirting with me right now. We have work to do." I joked.

He grinned. "Okay, I'll stop flirting, for now."

We laid out mats, so that the paint wouldn't get on the beautiful hard wood floors.

Tom worked on one side of the room, and I worked on the other.

Since he was taller than me, and had longer arms, he was faster at painting.

In the time it took me to paint 1 wall, he painted the other 3.

We stood back and admired our work. The color was lovely. Tom had thought so too. "Good choice in color, Mrs. Hiddleston."

I looked at him. "You are the one who picked it out... Mr. Hiddleston."

He thought for a moment. "Oh yeah. Good choice in color, Mr. Hiddleston." He talked to himself.

I laughed. "Tom, you have a little something, right on your face." I took a dab of green paint and touched it to the tip of his nose.

He laughed mischievously. "Ohh, you're going to regret that, Jessica." He picked up a small paint brush and touched it to my cheek. I was in shock.

"No, Tom. You are going to regret that."

Not even 10 seconds later. We were in a full on paint fight. Luckily the floor was completely covered.

By the end of the fight. We we cover in green paint.

Tom laughed. "It looks like we are about to try out for the role of The Hulk!"

I giggled. "Truce?" and I let out my hand for a handshake.

Tom dipped his hand in paint, then shook my hand. My hand was drenched with paint now. "Truce." He said with a grin.

-

-

After hours of scrubbing off paint. We finally sat down to relax.

"That was so much fun." Tom said.

I laughed. "It was! I'm pretty sure I won the paint fight though." I joked.

He chuckled. "Okay, you won."

We both laughed until it was quiet again.

Tom looked at me. "Thank you." He said with seriousness.

I looked at him confused. "For what?"

He grinned. "For making this relationship, interesting. I think you're the only girl who would have a full-on paint fight with their husband."

I smiled. That made me feel special. The littlest things, made him love me even more. The best part about our relationship, is that we don't have to try. We just have fun, and love. We love each other more than anything. "You are very welcome, Tom."

I kissed him on the cheek. "...And thank you, for letting me win the paint fight."

He laughed. "Anytime dear. Anytime."