Chapter 28

He walked back outside with Murr by his side, and stayed worryingly quiet. Murr turned to him with a look of confusion and sympathy.
"Are you alright?" Murr asked with concern.
"Kinda.." Sal slowly answered, contemplating what to tell Murr. "It's just Emily..." Sal began.
"What about her?" Murr asked, with more concern evident in his voice.
"We haven't spoken in days" Sal told him. His eyes mixed with tiredness and hurt.
"Try calling her later" Murr said to him. "Anyway- we got to go to this meal now" Murr said, hopeful it would cheer Sal up.
"Yeah" he replied quietly.

As they walked through a forest area, Sal looked around inquisitive.
"Why are we in the middle of nowhere?" He asked.
"It's a shortcut" Murr shortly answered. Sal knew Murr was wrong, but he felt too tired to correct him.

Sal looked amongst the trees in the sunset and made out a warm glow ahead. He stared closer to it, questioning what it was. "The sun? Fire?" Sal quizzed in his mind. As his eyebrows drew closer in confusion, Murr stopped Sal in his tracks.
"What?" Sal asked him. Murr shot him a cheeky smirk.
"Congratulations bud" Murr said as he placed his firm hand on Sals shoulder, in reassurance. Sal stared at him even more confused, especially when Murr began tearing up. Murr soon lead him between the trees, until the warm orange glow was revealed; fairy lights. Sal and Murr followed the train between the trees, until the lights grew. Everyone soon stood from their chairs and turned to Sal.
"Mom? Dad?" Sal softly whispered as he saw them. He looked at the crowd in front of him. Everyone he knew.
As Sal looked around for answers, I walked up on the mini platform in my silk white dress. The 3/4 sleeves keeping me slightly warm, but the sight of Sal soon warmed me up. A smile pulled at my lips as I saw the man I loved in front of me; the man I was going to marry... today.

Sal admired me. In his mind, the thoughts were gathering that this was a wedding: our wedding. He took small steps down the aisle, looking into my shimmering blue eyes at each step.
Sal soon stood opposite me, with Joe between us, as he will be marrying us. Sals fingertips gently traced over me hand, as he stared at me with a smile.
"Sorry I couldn't answer the phone... I was sorta planning this" I said with a smirk. Sal lightly laughed at my joke.
"You look beautiful" he whispered, and only because we were minor inches away from each other, only I could hear his sweet words. I smiled at him softly.

"Ladies and Gentlemen... and Murr" Joe joked, smirking at Murr, who didn't mind they joke. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the love of Emily and Sal" Joe began.
Sal shot me a sweet smile, as I saw his hands shaking from nerves. I softly placed my hand above his for a split second to reassure him, and his muscles soon relaxed under the feel of mine.
"Shall we begin with the vows?" Joe said, as he shot me a glance.
"Sal... from the moment we met when we were fourteen, I knew I was in love. You were my best friend, someone I could rely on, someone I trust most in the world, and now my soulmate. I don't want to spend one more second on this earth, without begging with you. I love you... love you more than anything" I said. I could feel the tears in my eyes layering along the bottom of my eyelid. I blinked as the rolled down my cheeks, but Sal smiled softly and wiped them away.
"Sal?" Joe asked.
"Emily..." Sal began. He hadn't prepared for this, and didn't expect he would have to. Q reassuringly placed his hand on Sals shoulder and whispered to him "just say how you feel".
"Emily... your the only person I've ever loved, wanted to dedicate my life to, spend every second with. Your my soulmate, but most important of all, my best friend. And I want to spend every second of my life with you" Sal softly spoke, calmly, as if his nerves had melted away.
"Rings?" Joe asked, as Q passed them over to him.
"I give you this ring as a symbol of our love, for eternity" I said as I slipped the ring onto his finger.
"I give you this ring as a symbol of our love, for eternity" Sal repeated, his eyes melting into mine. He slowly slipped the ring onto my finger, letting his hand caress over my hand, softly.
"I love you" he whispered to me, with a smile tugging at his lips.
"I now, and so happily, pronounce you husband and wife" Joe revealed. "You may now kiss the bride" he said, nudging Sals arm. Sal placed one hand on my waist and the other on my back as he pulled me in for a soft kiss. I felt his smile print across my lips.
"I love you, more and more each day" he whispered gently in my ear. I passed him a smile, then wrapped my arms tightly around him.

We soon greeted the rest of the family. Our hands remained locked, and I didn't plan on changing that.
"One more surprise" Q said, as me and Sal were both puzzled.
"We pulled together and bought you two tickets to Paris for your honeymoon, but you have to leave.. now" Murr said.
"Thank you so much" I said, as I smiled up at Sal.
"No problem, enjoy" Joe said, as he tilted his head to the direction of where we leave.
"Bye guys" Sal shouted behind.

Me and Sal walked with our hands and fingers intertwined. In his green eyes, I saw the happiness that reflected mine. He held me close. Tightly by his side. This... this is all I was ever waiting for. We walked along the path, with leaves scattered around the path. The dusty red raw sky above us. We looked in front of us to see the sun dissipating beyond our sight as we walked hand in hand towards our future.
I was right. He was the one for me....