Chapter 3

A few weeks later was my birthday. I didn't really tell anyone, because I hated a fuss. I rolled out of bed on the crisp cold morning, and got changed into my clothes ready for school. Then I ran downstairs.
"Happy Birthday!!" My Mum called out.
"Thank you" I said with a smile. My mum handed me a gift bag filled with presents that I began opening immediately. However, a few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. My mum ran to the door to see Sal stood there. They haven't yet met each other, so it was sort of awkward for them both.
"Is Emily here?" Sal politely asked.
"Emily! A boy is here for you" She called. I ran to the door to see Sal.
"Happy birthday!" He called with a smile.
"Aww thanks Sal" I said. "Do you wanna come in??" I asked.
"Sure" he replied.
"Mum, this is Sal" I said to her with a smile.
"So your the famous Sal Emily hasn't stopped talking about" my mum said, causing Sal to blush.
"It's nice to meet you" Sal said to my mum.
"It's lovely to meet you too". "Have you heard it's my daughters 16th Birthday!" My Mum said.
"Yep, actually I have a present for you" Sal told me as he handed me a wrapped up box.
"You didn't have to" I said as I peeled off the wrapping paper. I opened the maroon coloured leather box to reveal a golden necklace, with a heart in the centre. It was beautiful.
"Do you like it?" Sal asked.
"I love it!!" I exclaimed as I gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me, and the hug lingered a lot longer that it should've.

"You two should start walking, the bus will be there at any moment" my mum said looking down to the bus stop at the end of the street.
"Bye Mum!" I called as me and Sal walked out of the door.
"Bye sweetheart!" She shouted as the door closed.

Me and Sal walked along the path leading up to the bus stop.
"Thank you so much for the necklace" I said to him with a smile.
"I'm glad you like it" Sal said as we stopped at the bus stop. "Here" Sal said as he took the necklace from my palm. He brushed my hair onto the other side of my neck as he slowly placed the necklace around my neck. I looked down to the necklace then turned around to be face to face with him.
"It's prefect!" I said with a smile.
"Just like you" he replied.

*******
As lunch time rolled around, me and Madi walked up to the table, where the guys and Bessy were sat.
"Hey guys!" Madi called as she sat beside Bessy. Sal turned around to see me there, and immediately stood up, as pulled me over to one side.
"What are your plans tonight?" Sal asked.
"Nothing" I replied with confusion.
"How would you like to join me, and the guys and the girls" Sal began looking over to the table. "And watch a movie with us!" Sal asked.
"Umm" I began thinking.
"We usually watch films as a group with each other on a Friday, plus it's you'r Birthday! It'll be fun!" Sal told me.
"Sure!" I replied with a smile.
"Great!" Sal exclaimed as he held my hand to bring me back over to the table.
"I've invited Emily to join us to watch films tonight" Sal told them.
"Cool" The all said in unison.

That night, we all went over to Q's place and watched some movies. There was popcorn and sweets and drinks- it was really fun. Me and Sal sat on one couch, whilst Joe and Bessy sat on the other, and Murr, Q and Madi sat on the floor together.
As the movie began playing, Sal wrapped the blanket over the two of us to keep us warm. However, halfway through the movie I began to fall asleep. My head rested onto Sals, who pulled me in close to him as we drifted off to sleep.