Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up to the sweet sounds of birds chirping. I sat up in bed, staring at the cracked walls, as I thought over yesterday's events. I couldn't believe it was real.
To be truthful, I have missed Sal. I suppose I've never gotten over him. But.. I couldn't act on my feelings. It wasn't fair to me or Sal- I have to leave in under a month, so I would hate to begin anything with him.

However, I was meeting him today, as he was coming to my book reading. I was super excited to know he was coming, especially as it gives me time to see him again.

*****
That afternoon, I peered through the curtains of the bookstore to see a packed crowd- but no sign of Sal. I sighed to myself, but I wasn't going to let it stop me from enjoying my moment.
I walked onto the stage, and sat on the stool laid out in front of everyone- and I began to read my book.
"As the man of my dreams appeared I whispered I love you" and as soon as I finished reading that sentence, Sal walked in. He smiled softly to me then mouthed "sorry". I smiled warmly towards him then continued my reading.

*****
As soon as I finished my book reading, I ran over to Sal and wrapped my arms around him, for a hug.
"Thank you for coming" I said to him.
"I'm so sorry I was late it's just Murr was calling me about filming later" Sal explained.
"It's fine. I'm glad you came" I said with a smile.
"Why don't you come to set with me??" Sal asked. "You could see the guys and Madi again!" Sal suggested.
"I'd love to!" I replied with a smile.

On the way, me and Sal grabbed a coffee. I was nervous about seeing everyone again. I wonder how it will go....