Chapter 12

...I pushed Sal away.
"What are you doing? Like a kiss will solve anything?!" I shouted.
"Em... I'm sorry.., I miss you. I miss what it used to be like. Some say we were kids, but it was different. That's the only time I've ever felt like I was in love!" Sal shouted.
"Was! Times have changed! We are adults now, Sal. You have nieces to care for and a good career, meanwhile I'm trying to balance my work life. I'm sorry for coming back into your life" I shouted as I began to walk away.
"Why apologise for giving me the best few days of my life?" Sal asked. I stood still for a moment, as the rain poured over me. I couldn't help but smile to myself.
"Emily... I love you- I'm in love with you" Sal admitted. "I don't care wether you want me or that Jim bloke- but at least you know how I feel. I regretted that day 22 years ago when I never told you how I truly felt" Sal said. "So here it is" he added.
In an instance of no thought, I ran over to him and threw my arms around him as my lips connected to his.
"I love you too" I whispered.

We broke from the kiss, as I slowly looked up to be met with his gorgeous green eyes.
"What do you say, would you like to go on a date with me- a proper date" Sal asked with a grin.
"Of course" I replied as my lips joined with his again.