Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 5

"Peoples, i have a big announcemt! This man is gay AND European!" Sorry I just had to quote Legally Blond: The Musical. That show is genius

So, I bring you chapter 5. It's a bit late but we had a busy day today.
I feel satisfied every time I upload a chapter. Knowing that I reached the mark for the day :)
The pic is of Marcus (Still thinking of a last name) portrayed by Aaron Taylor-Johnson. HOTDAMN!
The video link is 'Something I Need' by One republic

CHAPTER FIVE

It took me a month to get used to my schedule. From waking up early every morning or being called in when I thought I would have some time to myself.

I sighed as I padded barefoot through my empty apartment towards the kitchen. Tonight was one of my rare nights off. I couldn't sleep ad walking around for a while usually tired me out enough to pass out on the sofa.

I warmed some milk on the stove and slowly mixed in some drinking cocoa. Once it was ready I poured myself a large mug of the now steaming cocoa. As I drank the warm liquid a flickering light out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I walked toward the light and saw that I had a new message. I pressed the button and waited for the message to play.

"Kevin, boy have I got news for you." The sound of Ashley's voice filled the empty and quiet room. "You won't believe what happened! Chad proposed! He asked me to marry him. Oh my God, Kevin, I'm getting married!"

I was taking a sip as she said this and I almost spat out my drink. Engaged? Good for them, then. I was glad that Chad finally grew a pair.

"I decide to leave you a message instead," Ashley continued. "because we've gone out of town for a few days. Chad's parents insisted that we come down. Talk when we get back. Love you, Kev."

The room went silent again and I moved into the living room. I sat down on the sofa and let the news settle in. I smiled, Ashley was getting what she always wanted and I was happy for her. Although, I guess it was a good thing that she wasn't here right now. Other people's happiness seemed to make me see that I was a twenty-seven year old single man with no one in his life.

I put my mug on the coffee table and laid back on the sofa. I pulled the grey throw over that was resting on the back of the sofa over me. I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep.

A knock on the door brought me out of my slumber. I was a bit confused for a second but I got up and went to see who it was. 

I pulled the door open to reveal Marcus standing in the hallway. "Hey, Kevin. Sorry for waking you."

"No, I needed to get up anyway. What's up?" I asked as I shuffled from foot to foot.

"I got some of your mail this morning. I think they threw it in the wrong box." I took the envelopes that Marcus held out.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No problem. See you around." With that he turned around and walked back into his own apartment.

I looked down at the letters. Most of them were bills and I noticed one that looked unfamiliar. I tore it open and peeked inside. It was a note form the family lawyer asking to be present for the reading of my mom's will. I rolled my eyes and walked to the phone. I dialed my old home number and waited for it to be answered.

"Turner residence." I heard my mom say.

"Mom, are you insane?" I asked. "You're not dead yet, why is your will being read out now?"