Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Do you believe in superstitions?" Tommy asked as we lay on the bed later that night.

"What do you mean?" There were tiny glow in the dark stars stuck to the roof that gave off the feeling of lying outside. The fact that the balcony doors were open was a bonus.

"Like...let me think of a few." I heard him clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Step on a crack and you'll break your mother's back or stand under a ladder and it's bound to fall on you."

"No, I think those are silly."

"What about...what about seeing the bride before the ceremony?" I turned to face him then. He wasn't looking at me. His eyes were fixed on the ceiling.

"Is that what this is all about? Tomorrow?" I turned over so that I was lying on my side, facing him. "I don't think we'd need to worry about that since neither of us are the bride."

"Come on Kevin, I'm being serious here."

"So am I. Tommy, what exactly are you trying to ask me? Tomorrow we're taking the first step to spending the rest of our lives together. We're supposed to be able to tell each other anything without fear."

"Fear is a human trait." He took a deep breath and finally looked at me. "I was us to walk up together. Hand in hand."

"Okay. No problem. I think I'd prefer it that way actually."

"Yea?" I nodded. "Okay, now stop being silly and go sleep. Big day tomorrow."

"I'm being silly? You're the one who's obsessed with me."

"Hell yea I'm obsessed with you, you jackass."

"Please, save the niceties for the vows tomorrow." I smiled at him. "I love you, Tommy."

"I love you too, Kevin. Goodnight." He pressed a kiss to my forehead and soon fell asleep with a smile on his face.

Tommy's haste in wanting to get married so quickly was slightly bothersome but he was right when he said that we'd waited long enough. I decided then and there to talk the bull by the horns, so to speak. I was being given a chance to spend the rest of my life with Tommy. I wasn't going to question this, not now.

"I found this perfect spot further down on the beach. It's private so we won't be interrupted by flying frisbees."

I laughed at what I thought was a joke but given the look on Tommy's face, he was completely serious. "Oh, you're still bothered about that? Your head didn't even bruise. You're fine."

"That girl ruined the moment." He pouted and I laughed again.

"I rather thought she made it perfect. When do things ever go according to plan really?"

"Don't say that! Not today of all days."

"You're so paranoid. If you need some liquid courage, go ahead but don't go all bridezilla on me."

Tommy mumbled something that sounded a lot like 'who you're calling a bridezilla?'

Tommy wear beige coloured trousers and a white shirt that was partially open. I had laughed when I saw him because I thought he looked like a schoolboy. We agreed that I looked the same, with my white trousers and light grey shirt. I wanted to wear a tie- it was my wedding day, I had to look the part- but decided to tie it loosely around my neck. Tommy and I both left our shoes in the room and walked down the beach barefoot, letting our feet sink into the slightly warm sand.