Forgotten Bliss ~ Chapter 10

Took me forever to write this chapter and I'm still not happy with it. It's very short. I hope you guys find it worthy.
ENJOY!

CHAPTER TEN

"Doctor Turner, Mrs. Jacobs just woke up." One of the night nurses said almost crashing into me in the hallway.

"Thank God." I started walking and motioned for the young nurse to follow me. "Tell me how she looked, her reaction."

"She seemed groggy which was to be expected. She didn't know where she was but no sign of memory loss." I nodded. "I'll let you handle it from here."

I stepped into Mrs. Jacobs' room and walked over to her bed. She was still flat on her back and nodded when I asked if it'd be okay to move her into an upright position. I did the normal tests on her, checked her pupils, and her chart, everything seemed to be normal.

"How are you feeling? Do you feel pain anywhere?" I asked.

"No." She looked at me and narrowed her eyes.

I took a deep breath hoping that she wouldn't make a scene. Not only for my sake but it could be a major set back on her recovery.

"Your vitals are all in order. No internal bleeding and your surgery went well."

"How long was I out?"

"Nearly three weeks." I allowed her time time to process. "Mrs. Jacobs, I'll let your husband and Tom know that you've woken up. Excuse me."

"You're talking." I stopped at the door and furrowed my brows.

"What?" I turned to look at her.

"You called Tom by name." She said. "So I'm assuming that you're talking."

"I don't see how-"

"You could have said 'I'll let your family know', but you called him by name." Crap, I was hoping that this wouldn't happen.

"It was an honest mistake on my part. I'll just leave and let them know that you're awake." I left the room quickly before she could say anything else.

"What was that all about?" Maeve asked when I reached the front desk.

"The nurses at this hospital gossip way too much." I said.

"Well?" She urged.

"Tom's mom figured out that we're still talking. The woman has a radar on her that she has no business having." I growled.

"She's worried about her son."

"She worried that he'll turn gay." I said. "She's nothing but a homophobe. She hasn't changed one bit since the time I was eighteen."

"She can't be that bad." I looked at Maeve with a dull expression.

"I wish she weren't. It would make things so much better." I sighed. "Can you call her husband and inform him that she's awake?" Maeve nodded and I walked off down to the break room.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it to reveal a text from Tommy.

-You didn't tell me my mom woke up

I shook my head and texted him back.

-It must have slipped my mind. I did ask the nurse at the front desk to call

-She did but I wanted to hear it from you

I felt my face heat up as I read his words. I mentally slapped myself for reacting like some hormonal teenager.