Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 7

Sooooooo 2 chapters in one day! AHA! this is to make up for the lack of chapters peoples. My fam's visiting sooooo I don't have a lot of time to write.
This chapter is one I am proud of. I wrote the first half back in June and I finished the other half earlier tonight. 
The pic is -finally- of our gorgeous Tom Jacobs!
The video link is 'Rolling In The Deep' by Adele

ENJOOOOOOOY
Comment, Like, Vote, Promote, etc. Do what you gotta do. :D

CHAPTER SEVEN

"You can sit wight he other people if you don't want to stand up there with him." Ashley said. "Kevin, I swear I never knew that Chad was planning on asking him to be the best man."

"Ash, it's okay." I said with a grim smile. "Please don't make any changes to suit my needs. I'll be your man of honour and Tom will be Chad;s best man and we'll all stand up there like the mature adults we are."

She nodded after a few seconds of staring at me to see if I was fibbing. I moved past her to sit as the dining table.

"I guess he's the cousin with the six year old then." I agreed silently. "You don't think he-" 

"He said he didn't." I said cutting her off.

"And do you believe him?"

"I don't know what to believe, Ash. Either he cheated on me or he didn't. That is not my problem now. We're not together and I have no right to be pointing any fingers." I stated.

"Kevin, if he slept with some skunk while he was with you and fathered some brat then how can you just sit here and not get angry?" Ashley said coming to stand next to me.

"Don't call Ashton a brat. He's the sweetest kid ever." I said defending the boy. "He can't help who his father is. And apart from the nanny at the hospital incident, he seems to be a good dad too. Tom was confused and I took that for granted. He wasn't ready. I'll come to your wedding but that's it. I'm leaving immediately after that."

"Kevin."

"No, Ash. I tried for seven years to forget him. I just want to move on." I persisted.

"Fine, I'm sorry that you had to be dragged through all that mess with Tom again." She sighed. "I honestly thought you were going to last."

"Well, we didn't and there's no going back now." I stood up from the table. "I need to go meet up with Chad for my suit. We'll talk later. Lock up when you leave."

I grabbed my other set of keys and let the door slam closed behind me. I could act like a normal person for a few weeks. My best friend was getting married and my ex-boyfriend happened to be the best man. No worries, I could do this. This wasn't a problem, Thomas Jacobs wasn't a problem.

I got to the Tailor's before Chad. I thought he'd be here before me given the fact that he was after all the groom. Grooms were supposed to be early. I heard a car stop outside and I looked out the window. Chad got out of the car followed by none other than Tom himself. I took a deep breath and steeled myself for the meeting.

"Kevin, sorry we're late. I had to drag this one out of bed." He pointed a thumb at Tom. 

I shook my head in dismissal to show that it wasn't a big deal. I avoided gazing at Tom. He still had a hold on me and I wasn't sure that I wanted to fall under his spell right now. It was room as him. I feared that I would come crashing down and run into his arms.

"Hey Kevin." Tom said. I finally looked at him and nodded in greeting. "How've you been?" I gave him a thumbs up.

"Dude, leave the guy alone." Chad said. "How about we get our measurements and call is a day, okay? I don't think either of us are ready for this yet."