Forgotten Bliss ~Chapter 3

I'm trying this thing where I upload a new chapter every day. I hope that it will continue. I'd suck if I broke the trend now.

So, this marks the 3rd chapter, folks!
The pic is of Kevin again. (I'm not putting up pics of characters who've only appeared for a short time)
The video link is 'You're Not Sorry' by Taylor Swift

ENJOOOOOOOY
Comment, Like, Vote, Promote. Do what you gotta do! :D

CHAPTER THREE

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. I did some admin. One of the employees went into labour- in the store no less- and there was absolutely no sign of Tom anywhere.

I didn't know whether I was supposed to be happy about that or not. I understood that what he did was unacceptable but I couldn't shake the thought of him out of my head. I dedicated a lot of myself into our relationship and I fought hard to get us where we were and then without even so much as a warning, I was knocked back into reality. The more I begged and pleaded, the more he said that he couldn't do 'it' anymore. I didn't remember any problems that were so drastic. It took me years to get over him, over the situation and then he was dropped into my life again.

I looked up when I heard a knock on the small office door. "Mr. Turner, your mom's outside."

I furrowed my brows. "My mom? What's she doing here?"

The girl shrugged- she was one of the bag packing girls- before she turned around to leave.

I got up and straightened my tie. I saw my mom talking to one of the older employees. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I approached her. "Mom, you can't just come to my work place like this."

"You've been taking on extra shifts, I thought I would find you here instead of at the apartment." She said.

I nodded at her. "Joe, I'm taking an early break. Watch the store for me." I walked alongside my mom and out to the coffee shop around the corner. "You have a key, mom. You could have let yourself in."

"You wouldn't have liked that." She was right on that account. "And besides, that key is for emergencies only."

"Why are you really here, mom?" I asked as soon as the waiter walked away with our order.

"Ashley called me." I growled. "Don't get mad at her, sweetie. You've cut yourself off from everyone after...well, you know."

"I didn't feel like dealing with people." I shrugged.

"You were successful, Kevin. You had a house and a stable job." She said.

"I also had Tom." I bit out. "I just didn't see the point anymore.

"A guy doesn't define your life or who you are." She argued.

"He was more than 'a guy' mom, you know that." I narrowed my eyes at her. "That's why you came here, isn't it? To lecture me about the decisions I've made."

"Of course." She said unabashed. "It's my job as your mother. You are a doctor, Kevin. I paid for your studies, I was at your graduation. You fell in love and when Tom left you, you decided to quit on all your dreams. Grow up and be a man about it."

"It's my life." I leaned back in the chair and folded my arms across my chest.

"A life you've made a mess of." She replied.

"Mom." I said.

"No, Kevin. I will not stand idle while you throw your life away. You're working in a Goddamn supermarket for Christ's sake!" Her anger was not hidden. "What the hell happened to you?"