Chapter 1

*Edited*
You guys, this story has been up for over a year now and I appreciate all the support I've gotten from you all about it. I just want to say to all of you who are reading this for the first time, yes, it's crazy, out of character and completely insane, I know it is. So there's no need for you to point it out. Simple things is, if you don't like it, then don't read it. Because some of you get a little way through the first chapter and then you start commenting things like "this is wrong", "I can't read this", "no, absolutely not". That actually really hurts me when you comment stuff like that on my book that I worked hard on. So if you don't like it, don't comment that sort of stuff, just leave. Please.
~

Rolling over and glancing at the window, Draco groaned. The sun was streaming in through the cracks in the curtains, making obscure patterns on the wall. He groggily rubbed his eyes free of sleep and glanced around the room. His roommates were still sleeping peacefully.

Though it was odd, Draco was the only early riser of the group.

The blonde sat up and kicked back the covers of his bed, climbing out. The oak floor was cold in the mornings, so it wasn't an unusual thing for Draco. As he padded to the bathroom in nothing but a pair of long flannel pyjama pants, the soft snores of his roommates filled the air.

He slid the bathroom door shut and with a click of the lock, he was ready to face the day. Standing at the basin, Draco pushed his hair out of his face and studied himself in the mirror. "Hm..." He rubbed a hand over his chin and then turned the cold water on in the sink. He cupped his hands and braced himself for the impact of cold water splashing on his face. When it came, he shivered slightly but wiped his eyes free of water.

The next thing he did was grab his face moisturizer and squirt some onto his palm. Gently, he rubbed it into his skin, and washed his hands.

Draco made good work of brushing his teeth and mussing his hair to look like its normal messy state. He was finally ready to get dressed and head down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Unlocking and sliding the door open, Draco stepped out of the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He surveyed the room and realized his roommates were still sleeping. Well, it's not his fault if they miss breakfast like they had claimed last time.

On bare feet, Draco moved towards his closet where his uniform hung. The cupboard door squeaked as it was opened and he winced and looked around, feeling angst at the thought of waking someone up. Not that he particularly cared, but it was one of those things.

Draco slipped into his pants and white shirt, rolling the sleeves at the elbow and slipping on his house jumper and robe. The last thing he did before putting on his shoes was knotting his tie. The darned thing hung loosely around his neck as he didn't have a thing for doing it up proper.

Draco's shoes tapped across the floor as he walked to the bedroom door, opening it and slipping outside to the stairs. He made sure his wand was in his robe before leaving the room as he would hate to run all the way back and get it.

Draco may be the only early riser of his roommates, but that didn't mean he was the only early riser of the house. In fact, he knew just where to find his other friend.

He pushed open the portrait and stepped outside to continue to the Great Hall. Along the way, Draco ran into a few other housemates and friends from other houses. They were only brief encounters, for he was eager to get to breakfast. He was craving eggs and bacon on toast.

As Draco half jogged, half walked to the Great Hall, he thought about the day. He had double Potions as his first class and he really wasn't looking forward to it that much.