Chapter||Twenty-Five

||Not Edited||

Skyler's POV *

"Stay back!"I scream at Alexander, while holding onto my stomach.

Ten huge , dark figures stood right in front of me... as I slowly hung up my head and gazed at the creatures in front of me. I couldn't move my legs, they stayed frozen on the ground .

"Run! while I distract them! Run! " I quickly glanced back at my mate as the creatures slowly moved towards us. A woman dressed in all purple slowly emerged from the shadows, with long black hair and long fingernails colored in purple.

" I've been waiting for this for a long time-" she smirked, while slowly patting the creatures fur's before whispering to them " Go ahead darlings" The ten creatures with long legs slowly ran towards me...

"SKYLER!!!" Alexander ran towards the horrendous looking creatures with deep green eyes. At that exact moment a cold wind swiftly graced my skin as my goosebumps arose.

Alexander's body fell immediately as the woman in purple held his heart in her hand. A loud heartbreaking cry shook the ground and the trees beside me.

"NOOOO-!!"

"Skyler!?" an arm grabbed me and shook me fiercelessly.

"Wake up! are you alright?" I quickly open my eyes as I realize everything was just a dream..

"It was just a nightmare" Ava whispered as her long hair swept over my forehead while she wrapped me into a tight hug. I slowly smiled, while hot tears ran down my cheeks.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" A loud heartbreaking cry came from outside just like the one in my dream, but I was sure the first cry was mine.

" Did you hear that?, who was that?!" I struggled to get up as I swiftly ran outside in my night clothes, with Ava running right behind me.

I sniffed the air, and slowly followed the scent. one scent was a shewolf and a child in her hands.

The little pup had his heart ripped out, as his mother laid there whimpering next to him. my vision became blurry as my hot tears fell down my cheeks.

Past memories came running in my head, the night my little brother Ian was killed.

My brother was killed during the attack by Griffens, and this little pup's precious life was taken from him by rouges.

Their scent still hangs in the early morning air, I felt that the rouge was close by...

"Quick! Go take this mother and her pup to Lillian and contact the Alpha!" I tell Ava as she gently grabs the mother from her child and Lucas slowly crutches down, sadly looking at the pup in his hands.

I can feel them around here!!

Where are the border controllers?,... The werewolves that were assigned to protect the innocent.

I slowly glanced behind me, towards the bushes and trees. My eyes slowly stopped at the distant green eyes staring at me from the shadows.

"Come out you BASTARDS!-" just as those words left from lips, I felt a heavy weight hit me and slam me into the ground. 

I groaned in pain as I felt the left side of my hips sting with pain. I hadn't realized that the wolf had his sharp canines plunged into my skin.

                                   ............

I felt warm fingers slightly leave a feathery touch on my skin, I felt tingles that made me feel like I was finally in peace.

"she's waking up"

"Oh thank the moon Goddess"

I slowly flicker my eyes open..., my vision was blurry for a few seconds before opening eyes and adjusting to the room's brightness.

I felt a familiar scent that makes me go crazy,.. next to me.

My mate was here.

I slowly glanced to my left and he was there just as I felt his presence. I saw his eye brighten up as I smiled up at him.

"Are you okay? Do you feel alright?" He gently asked, caressing my arms with his soft fingers.

"mmm.." I replied just after I groaned in pain,... I hadn't noticed I was all patched up.

I turn to my right and see my friends all there. I hadn't noticed they were there the whole time.

"What happ?-" before I can finish my question, I remembered the mother and her child...

And that wolf....

"Did I really pass out after?" I thought,... I wasn't my usual self these past few days,.. I was feeling very week and to the point I can't fight back?

Made no sense...

"Ahhhh Skyler, it's good to see you awake" Lillian says as she takes a seat at her chair, getting a file out quickly.

"Would you guys mind stepping out of the room for a second?... I need to inform Skyler something important"

Nooo

My wolf whispered sadly inside my head. I slowly gaze at my mate, who was already staring at me.

My lips widen at the sight of him, he made me genuinely happy without doing anything.

"I'll be waiting for you" he whispered gently into my ear, before leaving a soft kiss on my forehead.

I was whipped.

I felt his warm hands leave my arms gently as he left the room with the others. I stared at the back of his head dozing off.

"Skyler?"

"Yes... " I felt my mood change slightly,... I suddenly felt cranky.

"How are you feeling? Let me check your blood pressure" Lillian slowly examined me as she got out more equipments.

"Okay you're alright but there's still silver in your body" Lillian said softly, gently looking at the syringe in her hand.

"Alexander? You're mate... I took a small portion of his blood to examine it and he's indeed been consuming silver since he was at a young age"

It took me a few minutes before my brain registered what she was saying

"I'm guessing he's been having small portions of it in everything he eats, from fruit to drinks... it's been in his blood for a very long time" Lillian continued telling me all the information she had gathered of my mate.

What?

"That makes no sense?! He's Human... what difference does it make it for him" I quietly asked as I watched her expressions.

"There's something unusual and weird about his blood, that's why I'd have to go see my father tomorrow to ask him about it" I couldn't make it sense to everything she was spilling all at once.

"I don't think your Mate is an ordinary human..." Lillian says as her voice fades at the last part.

____________________________

Sorry for not updating in a while... I was in a writers block.

I don't feel like continuing this story.... but thanks for reading!! It means a lot. If there's more of you reading. it... then I might upload & continue to finish this story.