☆ 2 ☆

a/n Rin will be settling in his new room and having some demon medical stuff done~~

"So Rin, how are you liking the place?" Mephisto bopped his finger against Kuro's nose gently, and the lesser demons face scrunched up, a small growl leaving his mouth.
"It's better than I expected. A few demons have been lurking around though, some have even come to look inside." Rin grumbled in return, hoisting Kuro into his arms and moving away from Mephisto; who pouted.
"Demons sniffing around?" Mephisto's brows furrowed, and he considered possible reasons for this.
Perhaps Rin needed a status check after all? Mephisto had assumed he wouldn't have a scent due to being half human, but apparently his sense of smell was leaving him.
"Yeah, and not so secretly either." Rin grunted, shuttling the curtains.
"Rin I need you to come with me later on." Mephisto turned around with a serious expression, and Rin looked away awkwardly.
"Sure.." He mumbled, petting Kuro gently.
"Thank you."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mephisto returned later on in the night, when the hellhounds began to settle outside, and Rin grumbled at the knock on his front door, leaving his mass of blankets.
Gehenna was much colder than Rin had expected.
"Are we going now?" Rin blocked Kuro from leaving the home with his leg, hoping to God that the familiar would not squeeze past and leave.
Mephisto hummed in response and Rin blindly reached for his hoodie, pulling it over his head and gently nudging Kuro out of the way.
He stepped through the door and closed it quickly, pulling his key from the plant pot to lock it.
"You should keep your key in a less obvious place." Mephisto looked uncomfortable.
"Why?" Rin dropped it back in and Mephisto rolled his eyes, grabbing Rin and pulling him closer.
Rin was about to question why, or scream at him, until he noticed their surroundings had changed.
A sterile scent assaulted his nose and he sneezed, stepping away from Mephisto.
"A hospital?" Rin raised an eyebrow, but followed a silent Mephisto to the desk, trying to ignore the stares he received.
"We're here for a status test please, and an explanation of statuses would be amazing." Mephisto's smile made Rin anxious, and the word status had him confused.