Chapter 4: Hide and Seek

Hey guys!:)

I hope you all enjoy this chappy:)

Also i cant believe all you guys got me to over 340 reads for just 3 chapters! That is insanely awesome to me and I love you all for it:)xxx you guys are great:)

enjoy!

love lalalaLiving :) xx

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 4: Hide and Seek

“Now, if I take my hand away, do you promise not to scream?” He asked Alice in a low voice. She simply nodded, her eyes wide with fear and her body trembling. Then she felt something sharp being pushed against her neck, slightly digging in to her skin in an uncomfortable manner. It was strong and cold, it felt like metal, which caused Alice to inwardly panic as she thought of the only thing it could be, a knife.

“Just in case you decide not to keep your promise.” He explained, pushing the knife a little more into her neck, indicating that that was what he was talking about. Alice shivered so severely with fright; it felt like she was in the middle of the Antarctic, caught in a blazing blizzard.

The man slowly removed his hand from her mouth, putting it on her waist as he applied a bit more pressure to the knife poised on her neck as a warning. She whimpered and closed her eyes, trying to wake up from this nightmare. Her mind was blank, clouded with fear; standing there, paralysed and frozen; the only thing she could think to do was plead for her safety and freedom. Maybe it would convince the man to let her go. He had to have a heart right?

“Please!” she begged “Please! Don’t hurt me; just let me go…please?” Then suddenly the knife was removed from her neck and his hand leaned down on her shoulder, his other hand removed itself from her waist and she could hear low chuckling and snorting coming from him still stood behind her. She cautiously turned around as she knew that he still had the knife with him, only to jump back in surprise. Her eyes narrowed and she let out a threatening growl before slapping him round the head. This stopped him from laughing.

“You stupid idiot!” She yelled at him “I thought you were going to kill me! That wasn’t funny in the slightest Jack!” She went to swing at him again but he caught her wrist and pulled her close, wrapping one arm around her lower back while the other still gripped her wrist gently. He smirked at her.

“I found it pretty amusing if I’m being honest.” He laughed.

“Why on earth would you do that?!” Alice demanded glaring at him.

“Why’d you think? I told you that this wasn’t over and that I would get you back – you really think you could prank me back and get away with it? I don’t think so. You should know better than that; I always get the last word.” He leaned in close, his breath fanning her nose and lips “Always.” He whispered. Alice’s breath quickened causing Jack to half-smirk.

“Don’t make a judgement too quickly Jack,” she smirked back “it may cause a dent in your pride.” Then she leaned in closer to him, their noses touching “Don’t underestimate me.” Jack seemed a bit surprise that she had answered, for all the time he had known her, she had never been able to come up with a witty come back, sure she was loud and spoke her mind and she could sass anyone, except for him. He always used to win their mini arguments/disagreements and she could never think of the right come back – something he loved and made sure to use all the time.

“What are you going to do if I do underestimate you?” He challenged. It was the best come back he could manage right now, he was still stunned at this new Alice, and she had definitely looked a lot different and more confident when he saw her going out with Sarah. The way she was earlier when she was annoyed was different, although she was sulking and grumpy, she still seemed confident and it had drawn him to her more. He would have followed her out of the apartment just to catch another glimpse of her if it hadn’t been for her friend, Sarah, basically handing him a chance to embarrass her.