Chapter 3: There's No Getting Away

Hey! So, here is part 3 guys and I hope you enjoy!:) Thanks to the people who commented, it meant a lot and I would really like more of you guys to comment?:)

Anyways, the theme in this chapter is a bit different to the other two chapters, so…yeah:L ahaha, I should probably get on with the story – so without further ado, part 3!

P.S. Don’t forget to fan, vote comment:)

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 3: There’s No Getting Away

Alice could already hear and feel the bass thumping through her body and they were only just walking into the street where the club was situated. The booming beat was slowly coaxing Alice into a party mood and by the time they had reached the door, she was just like Sarah, bouncing around with excitement, ready to find the dance floor and to never leave it…well until daylight broke out.

The minute Alice and Sarah walked in, and around the corner, they were hit by strobe lights and a crazy amount of people partying the night away on the massive dance floor. Alice was just stunned, she finally realised how long it had been since she had actually come out and partied. She turned to Sarah to tell her that she couldn’t wait to begin the night, only to find that she wasn’t there.

‘Typical’ she thought to herself, ‘I should have known this was going to happen. Looks like things haven’t changed’. Whenever Sarah and Alice went to a club, Sarah turned into Harry Potter with his invisible cloak, she would be stood with you one minute and gone the next. Alice wasn’t worried about her friend’s sudden absence as she was used to it by now. She would normally find Sarah passed out with some boy or absolutely smashed and delirious by the end of the night anyway.

Making her way through the mass of moving bodies, all grinding against one another to the heavy beat, Alice finally managed to make it to the bar, leaning on the counter exhausted, she had to wait a couple of minutes to catch her breath. She really had forgotten what it was like to be out again, especially in a club. The barman kept on throwing her knowing looks, as if he knew that she was wasted beyond belief and that was the explanation for her behaviour.

Standing up straight and taking her weight off the counter, she called the bartender to send her two shots of vodka - straight. ‘Might as well start the night out with a bit of alcohol pumping through me’ she thought to herself. Once the shots were placed in front of her, she downed them quickly, feeling the familiar burning of her throat as she swallowed and the liquid slid down easily. Then she made for the bathroom, it was getting intensely hot in the club and her night had only just begun, so she needed to cool herself down if she was ever going to get through this night still looking at least sane.

Once she was inside the bathroom, she put a bit of cold water on her hands and dabbed her forehead and her temples as well as her neck, careful not to apply to much so that it wouldn’t wash away her foundation leaving her with an uneven skin tone. She found herself unwinding and going back into her gloomy mood. Giving herself one more look in the mirror, she nodded her head slightly to show her approval before leaving. 

Back in the atmosphere of the club, it was humid and cramped, but Alice didn’t mind. She made her way back to the bar and ordered three more shots of vodka and once again downed them, slamming each shot glass down on the counter when she had emptied each of its contents. She would need this alcohol to at least try and get her excited and in the mood of the club; she didn’t want to be sat in the corner with a real dampener on her night just because she couldn’t manage to get enthusiastic about anything, no matter how hard she tried.