Chapter 13

HeY…sO tHe LaSt ChApTeR wAs A LiTtLe ShOrT…sorry about that…So since I'm considerate and all that jazz…I'm going to warn you now that if you thought I was terrible about uploading I honestly don't know what you'll think now…I'm writing my mock exams! Yay! (not)…My 1st real exam is on the 30th of May so wish me luck…As you can imagine I'm on lockdown…I'll try to upload as regularly as I can…Hope you guys are willing to stick it out with me…Xx

Vote

Comment 

Fan

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

§  Sierra's P.O.V  §

I jumped up like nothing was wrong and pushed all my hurt away.

"How did you get in anyway?" I asked James.

"Umm, well…umm…" he floundered.

"Umm…what?"

"Hey is that Brad Pitt!" He yelled pointing behind me.

I rolled my eyes, "What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

"I came to collect that idiot behind you."

"I do have feelings y'know!" He said speaking for the first time.

"I do know," James said with a smile, "I'll be waiting in the car."

Then he walked away, leaving us alone. A deathly silence fell over my backyard, all that could be heard were some leaves being rustled by the breeze. I didn't know what to do, I'd never been in a situation like this.

He cleared his throat, "Thanks for looking after me last night, you're an awesome friend…I'll call you later." 

He gave me a brief hug before smiling at me and walking away. I watched him until he disappeared in shock. Was he going to act like nothing had happened!? Ok, technically nothing had happened but still! Maybe I'd imagined he was about to kiss me? It had seemed so real but he'd acted like nothing had happened. Or maybe he hadn't been about to kiss me at all…and he'd looked horrified because James had thought that he was about to. Now, I was mortified. I was so into my own little fantasy world that I'd thought he'd kiss me. If nothing else, this incident had made it very clear to me that I needed to get over him. I couldn't lose him as a friend…I valued his friendship way too much for that. All I had to do was get over him, simple enough…I think. Besides, I had officially been put in the friend zone. I sighed as I watched him walk away before slumping back onto the grass. There were only two people who could help me now: Kara and Taylor Swift.

I sniffed and dabbed my eyes with my kleenex while Kara stared at me like I'd grown a second head.

"Are you crying!?"

"It's so-o sad…" I hiccuped.

"It's Cars 2!" she exclaimed.

"I know but it's still really sad," I sniffed.

She paused the movie then looked at me concernedly.

"You really like him, don't you?"

I nodded my head woefully. I'd called Kara and like the good friend she was she'd come over immediately and she's been filling me up on all the feel good Disney movies she could find. We'd been at it for a few hours and my mom still hadn't emerged from her lair. I'd been trying to watch the movies but my mind had kept wondering off to places it shouldn't have.