Chapter 16

Howdy y'all!! I am back! Admit it…you're impressed,😏.  There's more James in this chapter, I feel like you guys need to get to know him better. So here we are…another chapter cause you guys are awesome!

Comment

Fan

Vote

Tell Your Friends

☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛☛

Chapter 16

§  Sierra's P.O.V  §

My mom and I were sitting across from each other, eating our breakfast silently. All that could be heard was the hum from the fridge and the ticking from the clock. My mom had yet to say anything more about our talk and it was making me antsy. I could barely eat and she was eating as much as she could. She'd smile at me every time she caught me staring. I was going crazy! 

"Say something!" I burst out.

"Something like what honey?"

"Whatever it is you're thinking!" 

"Are you sure you want to know?" she asked me.

I swallowed the lump that had suddenly formed in my throat. My mom was probably going to tell me the truth which was not always pleasant.

"Not really but I'm sure you'll tell me anyway."

She gave me a sad little smile before putting her fork down and giving me her full attention.

"If he can't see what he has in front of him, he's just not worth it honey."

"My head knows that but my heart won't listen," I mumbled sadly.

My mom then came around to my side of the table and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry honey," she said softly before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I buried my head in her chest and let her warmth and love wash over me. She was right and it was finally getting through to me. Mason and I were clearly not meant to be anything more than just friends and I had to deal with it sooner rather than later. I just had to get it out of my system before I seriously fell for him.

"Thanks mom," I said giving her a small smile before walking to my room.

My mind was a jumble of different thoughts and none of them were coherent. I knew that I had a bad habit of falling to quick and it was always getting me hurt. I really liked Mason as a friend and when I thought he'd been avoiding me I'd been more hurt because I thought we were friends, not because I liked him as more. In fact, my feelings for him now were way less romantic then they'd been before. They were nearly non-existent. When he'd called the kiss that never was a lapse in judgement I'd felt physically sick because he was rejecting me. Telling me what I already knew, that I wasn't attractive. What hurt was hearing it from someone I cared about. I'd thought for a second that he saw something he liked, even a little but I'd been wrong. His rejection was probably what had cured me. After all, he couldn't have romantic feelings for a person he didn't find attractive. I smiled a sad little smile to myself, at least the crush was gone. Now I just wanted to know what his deal was. I had never met a more guarded or secretive person. He was hiding something and he didn't have to tell me but it'd make trusting him much easier. What could it possibly be.

'Maybe he's gay', the little voice in my head chimed.

'As if', I told it.

'It's a possibility!', it said defensively.

'Have you seen the boy!?' I asked it.

'Yeah…well..you're talking to yourself!'

I scowled at it in response. Everyone talks to themselves, it's totally normal. At least I wasn't doing it out loud, that would've looked a little crazy. Not crazier than me even thinking that Mason might be gay but still crazy. Now I couldn't help but try to imagine what Mason would be like gay and it was pretty funny. Soon I was laughing hysterically and teetering on the edge of my bed. I waved my arms around trying to regain my balance when a pillow hit me in the face, surprising me and sending me straight to the ground. I lay on my back in surprise for a second before the sound of loud laughter registered in my brain. I sat up to find James leaning on the wall for support as he cackled his head off. I scowled at him before throwing the same pillow back at him with as much force as I could muster.

"Bullseye!" I yelled as it hit him squarely in the face.

The shock on his face melted into a mischievous grin.

"You're gonna regret that," he said confidently.

"Aww…what are you gonna do princess? Use my lipgloss?" I mocked.

James then lunged at me across the bed. I squealed and ran around the bed, trying to escape. I'd just reached the door when a hand grabbed my ankle and pulled me to the ground. I giggled as the hand started pulling me backwards and grabbed a stray teddy before hitting the hand with it. It proved to be useless  when I found myself on my back with my hands pinned to my sides by a pair of legs and an amused James' sitting on top of me.

"What did you call me?" he asked calmly.

"A lipgloss wearing princess," I replied with a grin.

"Ooh, someone's got spunk."

"Get off me."

"In a second," he told me with a sweet smile.

I eyed him suspiciously, "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"Weeellll, I bought all this stuff over so we could make sundaes before you hurt my feelings, " he said indicating a bag I hadn't noticed before now.

I scoffed, "Only because you hurt my face first."

He ignored me and carried on, "Since you were so bad, I've decided I'm the only one who gets a sundae."

"Oh, how will I ever get over this," I said sarcastically.

"So now you have to watch me make my sundae," he said with a smirk.

"Oh the horror!" I exclaimed.

James ignored me again and I rolled my eyes as he reached for the bag and pulled it towards us. He reached into it and pulled out a bottle of syrup before wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Since there isn't a bowl to be found I'll have to use you," he said innocently.

"Don't you dare!" I told him as I wiggled underneath him.

He just raised an eyebrow at me before tipping the bottle upside down over my face and squeezing. 

"You're a dead man!" I screeched as I felt the syrup ooze down my face.

James just laughed and moved the bottle around so that he covered chest and stomach as well. Then he pulled out the whipped cream.

"You wouldn't dare!" I hissed as I wiggled harder.

 He raised his damned eyebrow again before aiming the nozzle at my nose and squeezing. I looked at the white blob on my nose and gaped up at him in disbelief. He in turn gasped and covered his mouth with one hand innocently.

"Oops, my finger slipped," he said with a smirk.

He then made a smiley face with the whipped cream on my stomach while I struggled furiously. James ignored my struggling, of course, and proceeded to sprinkle me in nuts liberally. I couldn't believe that this psycho was seriously making a sundae on my body. The cheeky bastard even had the nerve to put a cherry on top before taking a pic on his phone. He then quickly jumped off me and created a little distance between us. I looked at what he'd done speculatively.

"It looks pretty good except you didn't bring ice cream," I informed him.

He eyed me cautiously, "Of course I did."

I raised an eyebrow at him before sticking my hand in the bag. I smiled when I felt my hand touch something cold. I pulled it out and stood up.

"Now what's a sundae without ice cream?" I asked before pulling the top off it and dumping it over his head.

I laughed as James stood there rigid with shock. He seemed to finally snap out of it as he slowly pulled the tub of ice cream off his head and wiped the ice cream from his eyes. We eyed each other warily.

"Truce?" I offered him.

"Truce," he agreed. 

He offered me his hand and I took it with a smile, only to find myself pulled into his arms. We were now standing chest to chest and I could feel all the toppings ooze through my shirt. Some ice cream dripped onto my forehead as I looked up at James questioningly. 

He brought his head down to my ear and whispered, "Now this is a perfect sundae."