Chapter 11

Hey guys! So I know that things are developing kinda slowly but I don't want to rush the story…so be patient…to keep you busy listen to "Can't Say No" by Conor Maynard! That is my jam at the moment…also I was thinking of recommending songs you could listen to while reading the chapter, I really think it could help set the atmosphere for you. Sometimes it helps me write, so tell me what you think of that suggestion. Without further ado, I thought that you guys could use a dose of Mason…:-)

Vote

Comment

Fan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chapter  11

§  Mason's P.O.V  §

I was nursing a cup of coffee while I sat at the table across from my parents. My mother was giving me an icy glare and my father was just giving me this disappointed look.

"Is anyone going to say something or can I go?" I questioned.

My mother gasped in that irritatingly overdramatic way of hers and turned to look at my father accusingly, as if it had come out of his mouth. He in turn pinched the bridge of his nose and turned to address me.

"Son, yesterday…" he started but didn't get further than that before my mother barged in.

"Yesterday you embarrassed not only me and your father but our whole family!"

I sighed, " And how pray tell did I do that?"

"You neglected to show up for lunch with your fiancée and her parents! It's a wonder she hasn't called off the wedding!"

"And we wouldn't want that," I said sarcastically.

My mother gaped at me, shocked that I had even uttered a word.

"You see John! Do you see what your son is doing!? He just sassed me!" she spluttered. She was angry now, her face had gone this unnatural shade of red. My father put a soothing hand on her shoulder before looking at me once more.

"Mason, would you mind explaining to me why you missed lunch when your mother told you that you needed to be there?"

"She didn't tell me that I needed to be there, she told me that Nerissa was coming and expected me to just show up."

"Then why didn't you show up!" he said exasperated.

"Why would I show up to lunch with a girl I detest?" I asked calmly.

"She is your wife!"

"No! she is not!"

"Mason, we've discussed this many times…"

"Which is why I fail to understand how you still don't get it! I will not marry Nerissa!"

"It's not up for discussion!" he yelled at me.

"You're right, it's not…whom I choose to marry is not up for discussion but whoever she turns out to be I can assure you it will not be her." I said angrily.