Chapter 17

Hey there!! I know, I know…I've been very bad and I'm so sorry but it's been a busy time plus I've had the most amazing case of writer's block. World record worthy writer's block. All that matters is I'm back now with a surprising chapter. I guess you're all wondering who gets the girl..I am too. Anyways...you didn't come here to hear bout me…lol

Comment!

Fan!!

Vote!!!

Tell Your Friends and your Grandma, never forget Grandma!!!!

✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎__✎✎

Chapter 17

§  Mason's P.O.V  §

I dialled James' number for what seemed like the hundredth time that day and again my call went unanswered. I was beginning to wonder if he was purposely ignoring my calls. This didn't seem likely though because he'd never been one to ignore people when he was upset with them, not that he had reason to be upset with me. This was just really weird, James always answered the phone and it was always on him. I couldn't understand why he wasn't answering, especially when I really needed to talk to him. I groaned in frustration and rubbed my eyes tiredly. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before partly because of my trip and partly because of Sierra. I should never have gone over there, I'd known it the moment I'd decided to wait and I knew it again when I saw her. I'd known and yet I'd been unable to help myself. I hadn't stopped thinking about her the whole time I'd been away, I needed to know that she still wanted to be friends with me. I genuinely felt like our friendship could go far, if I could only let her in and tell her my secret. I'd gone over there with the intention of apologising for everything and then confessing and clearing my conscience of my guilt but when she'd asked me about the trip I'd chickened out. I'd second guessed myself, she might think it was a stupid secret to keep. That I was weak for even putting up with my parents or worse, she might've found nothing wrong with my parents' decision. Of course, I could know what she'd do if I just told her. I banged my fist on the kitchen countertop in frustration. This was why I needed James, to talk about this and about the trip I'd fled from. I was home alone right now but I knew that it wouldn't be long before my parents returned and I dreaded to think of the punishment I'd be dealt when they did. I groaned as the events of the week came flooding back.

* A Week Ago…*

I sank onto my bed heavily. I'd nearly kissed Sierra. I didn't know whether to be angry at James or thankful. I'd nearly kissed Sierra and now I found myself wondering what it would've felt like. Even now, I could still see her lying under me and feel her breath blow across my face. I groaned in agony, I definitely wasn't thanking James right now.

"Oh, so you caught a whiff of yourself too?" A voice asked from my doorway.

I looked up to see James leaning against the door jamb with a half eaten sandwich in hand, looking very much as if he owned the place.

"I don't smell," I told him with a glare.

"You might not but you definitely need a cold shower," he shot back with a smirk on his face.

I threw him a dirty look before walking towards the bathroom and turning the shower on, unfortunately, James followed me into the bathroom and perched on a countertop.

"Get out," I told him.

"You were gonna kiss her," he said while watching my face intently.

I shrugged like it was no big deal because I wanted to believe that but instead of telling him this, I opted for something much simpler.