13

Briley's POV

The next day Drew and I had lunch at some all natural food place and once we left I was already hungry again. I don't know how these boys only eat this healthy shit. I need a cheeseburger!

"What's up tiny?" Drew asked. Yeah he calls me tiny because I'm so much smaller than him.

"I'm starving Drew." I laughed. "I'm not a rabbit so I need real food."

"Real like what?" he laughed.

"I don't know chicken, pizza, anything that had a face before it's cooked!" I groaned. Just as he was about to respond my phone rang. "Hold that thought Chadwick." I answered my phone smiling when I saw who was calling.

"Hi baby." Wes said making me feel like walking jello. "Did Drew come hang with you? I didn't want you to be all alone this weekend, and he's usually not a complete dick so I figured he'd be cool."

"Yeah he's right here, and we had fun until he thought rabbit food was a sufficient meal." I rolled my eyes. "How was the show?"

"Would've been better if you were in the front row." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Maybe we can have a privet show when I get home."

"Wesley!" I gasped making him laugh. "What kind of girl do you take me for?"

"I was kidding, kinda, but anyway I'll be home early tomorrow. I just wanted to hear your voice gorgeous." he said.

"Well aren't you sweet Stromberg." I smiled.

"I try." he laughed. Then I heard Keaton shouting something about important papers and Wes seemed annoyed. "Sorry baby I gotta go, love you bye!" and he hung up.

My face heated up as I ended the call. Wes just told me he loved me over the phone for the first time. Maybe it just slipped out on accident. Maybe he didn't mean it. Or maybe he did, but either way, I didn't get to say it back.

Wes's POV

Keaton and I had gotten into the police station and I snuck out a few files on Briley's dad's case while Keats distracted the only cop working. Our show today went great and afterwards I called Briley. To be honest I just wanted to hear her voice. I'd asked Drew to go hang out with her not only to keep her company but also so I didn't have to worry about her. I don't know why but I just feel like I need to protect her at all times.

"Hey honey." she said happily.

"Hi baby." I said smiling knowing how she feels when I call her baby. "Did Drew come hang with you? I didn't want you to be all alone this weekend, and he's usually not a complete dick so I figured he'd be cool."

"Yeah he's right here, and we had fun until he thought rabbit food was a sufficient meal." She sighed. "How was the show?"

"Would've been better if you were in the front row." I smirked suggestively. "Maybe we can have a privet show when I get home."

"Wesley!" She gasped and made me laugh. "What kind of girl do you take me for?"

"I was kidding, kinda, but anyway I'll be home early tomorrow. I just wanted to hear your voice gorgeous." I said. As much as I wanted to have sex with her, I'd wait forever if that's what she wanted.

"Well aren't you sweet Stromberg." She said and I could tell she was smiling.

"I try." I laughed. Then Keaton shouted something important the papers I took from the police station. "Sorry baby I gotta go, love you bye!" An I hung up.

Shit! I just blurted out I loved her! What if she doesn't love me back? I'll never know because I hung up. Keaton came to sit next to me an handed me the papers.

"Isn't that the dude at the gas station?" Keaton asked me.

I looked at the mug shot of Seth and was confused. "Yeah, that's Briley's ex. Whys his picture with her dad's file?"

"Well there's a few other ones too, but I think these were the suspects the cops had of the people who might've had a reason to kill Ben." Keaton said handing me the other pictures.

They all looked over thirty except Seth. He was about fifteen in his picture. "Why would he have a reason to kill Briley's dad?"

"I don't know man, but get packed up so we can get outta here and on our damn flight before someone knows we took this." Keats said and I could agree more.