19

Wes's POV

Keaton banged on my door waking me up from a deep sleep. I groaned as I stretched and pulled open the door. He looked like an animal with rabies that hadn't slept in days.

"What's up baby bro?" I asked.

"Your breath is terrible!" he complained.

"Thanks. If that's all you came for then," he cut me off.

"I know who did it." he smiled.

"Did what?" I asked. "It's too early for this. What time is it?"

"It's seven in the morning and I know who killed Ben Matthews!" Keaton jumped for joy.

"No way!" I high fived him. "Tell me everything."

"Well I can't prove it, yet." He sighed. "I know it was him though!"

"English Keaton! Who the hell did it?" I yelled.

He handed me Seth's mug shot. "The ex boyfriend!"

"No way. How and why? Briley will never believe this unless I have concrete proof." I muttered to more myself than him.

"Seth's mom and dad got a divorce not too long after Briley's. Now it's just a hunch but I think her dad banged his mom, and when Seth's dad found out he divorced his wife." Keaton said. "That's when Seth was about ten. He's actually two years older than Briley. I guess he was held back."

"Talk about daddy issues." I rolled my eyes. "But how's that tie to the heroine?"

"Plot twist!" Keaton smiled and handed me another picture. "That guy on the far left is the mayor, the next to him is the football coach, and they're handing the boy a duffle bag. Who is that boy you ask? Why that's none other than Seth himself!"

"Okay it looks bad but you can't prove what's in the bag." I shook my head.

"I can't, but this girl can." Keaton smiled pointing to a thin blonde in the background of the photo who looked like she was waiting on Seth. "I'd bet a dollar to a donut that Seth was mulling drugs for the mayor and football coach."

"Do you know who the girl is?" I asked.

Keaton shrugged. "She has a school shirt on so I figured you could ask Briley."

"Oh yeah I'll just open with, we think Seth killed your dad by the way do you know her?" I rolled my eyes.

"I thought you might say that, so I already looked through Briley's friends on Facebook and found this girl. Her names Ashley Worthington." Keaton said sitting down.

"You did all this in the last ten hours?" I asked.

"Yeah." he shrugged.

"Okay so how are we gonna get ahold of this Ashley girl?"

"That ones all you man. I need a nap." Keaton laughed leaning back on my bed.

"Alright well then I'm going to go see Briley and I'll figure it out tonight." I said as I walked toward the bathroom for a shower. "You can stay here and nap, but if you leave lock up."

"Okay thanks Wes."

"No bro thank you." I laughed.

Briley's POV

Someone knocked on my door swiftly while I was cleaning my small kitchen. Once I opened the door I wished I'd looked first. My stomach felt sick and I felt like I was free falling. What is he doing here?

"Seth?" I asked confused.

"Oh thank god I found you! Your momma's in the hospital. I tried callin but you've been ignoring me. She wants you to come home though so I came out here to get ya." he said leaning up against the door frame.

"Oh my god is she okay?" I shrieked. "What happened!"

"Babe calm down I'll tell ya on the way to the airport. Just pack up and come with me." he gestured as he talked. Seth had always talked with his hands.

"Okay well come in. I need to call Wes first." I said knowing Wes would worry if I just left without telling him.

"New boyfriend?" Seth asked.

"Uh huh." I mumbled calling him.

Wes answered almost immediately. "What's up baby? I'm on my way over."

"I'm packing to fly home. Seth's here and he said that mom's in the hospital so I have to go see her." I said quickly as I went to my room to pack leaving Seth in my living room.

"Okay this is going to sound crazy, but Briley please don't go with him." Wes sighed. "I think he's lying."

"What!" I asked. How could Wes be so careless?

"Keaton and I think he's the one who killed your dad. Don't freak out just wait until I get there okay?" he asked. "Please trust me! It's a gut feeling."

"I can't believe you're going to lie just so I won't go with him. I know he's my ex but come on Wes! This is my mother we're talking about." I ranted until he cut me off.

"Who was Ashley Worthington?" Wes asked making my heart sink.

"How do you know about Ashley?" I asked.

"I asked first, who was she to you?" he repeated.

"Ashley was the it girl at school, and she had a keen liking of my boyfriend. I never said anything though because she was a cheerleader and they were just friends." I sighed. "Why? Do you think she killed someone too?" I joked.

"Fine don't trust me, but before you pack just call your mom. I'm begging you to trust me baby." Wes pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine I'll call her, but only because I love you."

"I love you too. I'm almost there." he ended the call.

I debated calling mom an thought why not. I found her contact an pressed the green call button. Waiting for her to pick up I continued to pack. To my surprise she picked up.

"Hi honey how are ya?" She asked sweetly.

"Mom?" I asked. What if Wes was right?