4

Briley's POV

I've never been the type of girl to sit on the phone and wait for a guy to call me, but the last few hours I've caught myself staring at my blank screen hoping Wes would call me. Its been a few days. It's only noon and I'm sure he's a busy guy so it's fine he hasn't called. But what if he never calls? That's a level of rejection I can't take.

Just as my heart started to go into cardiac arrest my phone buzzed. I answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey it's Wes, I wanted to know if maybe you'd like to do something?" he asked.

"Something like what?" I asked.

"Hmm, maybe go to the beach or we can go to a movie or something." he suggested.

"What time should I meet you at the beach?" I laughed knowing that's what he wanted to do.

"I'll pick you up Briley. Just text me the address, and I'll see you in like an hour." he insisted.

I nodded even though he couldn't see. "Okay."

I hung up and did a little happy dance to the bedroom so I could get dressed. I picked my neon green fringe bikini and pulled an plain white tank and American Eagle jean shorts over it. After I paired it off with some leather flops I went to the bathroom to braid my hair so it wouldn't tangle in the wind at the beach.

Shortly after I was ready there was a knock at the door and I stood on the other side counting to ten before opening it. I didn't wanna seem too excited to see him. Wes had on neon green board shorts matching my bikini and a plain white tank.

"We match!" I giggled then mentally slapped my self. Be cool Briley!

"I see that." he chuckled. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah let me grab my shades." I said stepping back to look for them on the table. Once I found them I slid them in place and followed Wes to his car.

"It's just us today, and I already planned out what I wanna do." he smiled happily.

"Okay." I nodded as he opened my door for me. "Thanks."

He went around the car and got in. "So what do you like to do?" he asked as he started driving.

It's crazy that I can know everything about him and he knows nothing at all about me! "Like in free time or just in general?" I asked.

"In general, likes dislikes, I wanna know everything Briley." he smiled.

"Well I'm not in college. I uh, I deferred so I could have some time to just be free from all the stress. I don't really know what I want to do in the future either. I like writing, like short stories and junk." I started talking and couldn't shut up.

I didn't bring up my past though. That's something you don't just blurt out to a guy. "I like to hike when I can, and I'm really into photography. That's what I do right now, I work for a photography studio in downtown LA."

"What do you photograph?" he asked.

"Mostly nature and tourists. Which is funny since I've only lived here two weeks." I laughed.

"Where'd you move from?" he turned the car toward the beach.

"Ohio." I shrugged.

"Hmm, what do you like to write about?" he asked.

My hands started to sweat. I actually wrote a ton of fan fiction about him, but I can't say that! Honestly the majority was about him. "Just fiction mostly." I shrugged not lying but not saying the truth either.

"Sometimes fictions is better than reality." he smiled.

Wesley's smile was one of the things that was most infectious about him. It gleamed with positivity and happiness making his eyes sparkle.

"Isn't that the truth." I agreed as he pulled into a parking space. "You don't expect me to surf or anything extreme right?" I asked.

"No." he laughed. "I was hoping for the typical romantic walk in the sand, I'll most likely dunk you in the water, and maybe if you're lucky we'll watch the sunset." He winked making my heart flip inside me.

"Okay sounds good." Sounds more than good, it sounds amazing.