18

Wes's POV

I'm not exactly sure where Briley and I stand relationship wise, but I know we love each other. And today that's all I need to know. I'd walk to the moon for her, and I think she's starting to realize it. We were in my apartment and I was on the computer with her standing behind me rubbing my shoulders.

"Are you stressed out? You know you don't have to do this Wes. We can stop." She said referring to my intense research of her dad's untimely death.

"I'm fine." I said lying of course. Just the thought of this whole thing stressed me out, but the deeper I dug the more I worried someone would come for Briley.

Yesterday I discovered her dad had been indeed working a drug case. Keaton hacked into the stations accounts to unlock the sealed file and I read it. The case included not only heroine but cocaine as well. Half the city counsel was involved in one way or another. It was a messy situation for a small town cop, and an even messier one for me if I made a wrong move.

"Okay, that's it!" Briley shut off my computer. "Let's do something fun."

I spun around in my chair and smile at her as I wrapped my arms around her slim waist pulling her toward me. "What'd you have in mind baby?" I asked.

Her cheeks lightly blushed when I called her baby. "I wouldn't say no to a nice dinner with my sexy boyfriend?" she smirked.

Boyfriend? "Hmm, maybe I should call your boyfriend then." I laughed.

She ruffled my hair and kissed my forehead. "No need he's already here."

"Glad you decided we're a couple again." I teased pulling her down into my lap.

She situated herself and looked up into me eyes. "Me too." she giggled.

Briley's POV

I knew Wes didn't have a problem with me deciding he was my boyfriend again now. Hell I don't think he even acknowledged our break up for real. Last year if someone told me I'd end up dating Wesley Stromberg I'd have probably peed my pants. God he's so perfect.

"Well then my lovely girlfriend, where would you like to go eat?" he asked.

"I want cheesecake." I smiled.

He laughed and shook his head. "You don't want real food?"

"Well yeah but I wanna go somewhere I can have cheesecake too." I explained only making him laughed harder. His laugh was a gorgeous melody I could never tire of.

"Well then let me get my keys." he waved for me to get off his lap.

I shook my head no and held on tightly to him. "Carry me!" I demanded in a baby voice.

With no argue meant or effort Wes lifted me up and stood. I wrapped my legs around his waist and held on around his neck as I rested my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating and a low rumble of laughter escaping his lips.

"Can I change clothes before we go?" Wes asked stopping in his room.

"Why? You look fine." I asked pulling back to look at his face.

"Because you look all hot, and I have on sweats. At least let me put on jeans?" he pouted.

I smiled and kissed his lips. He quickly returned the gesture and before we could help ourselves it turned into a full blown make out session. My back was against his closet door, and my fingers were running through his hair. His hands wandered up and down my body as good as they could while supporting my weight as he held me up.

"We can skip dinner." I panted as his lips trailed down my neck.

I felt his teeth graze my skin making me almost jump. "As fun as that sounds," he pulled back and sat me in my feet leaving me confused. "We just got back together. What kind of boy do you take me for?" he mocked me making me giggle.

"Fine then hot shot. Take me to eat, but I'm driving." I shrugged snatching his keys before he could argue. "Change your pants and I'll meet you at the car.

"You're lucky you're cute!" he called after me as I sashayed down the stairs.

"I know." I called back over my shoulder making his laughter follow me to the door.