29

Wes's POV

"Well you kids are lucky it was an adult. The baby ones have more venom. Miss Briley should be fine in a few hours. The swelling will subside and she might experience some minimal pain, but overall she's okay and you can check out any time." The doctor told us.

"Thank you sir." I smiled as he handed me Briley's discharge paperwork.

"I can't believe I got but by a fucking snake!" Briley groaned. If you asked her, her ankle was currently the size of a baseball. She's still flipping out it's safe to say. The doctor gave her some pain killers and some kinda shot just to be safe. Oh, and let me tell you this girl can't handle the drugs at all. She's pretty fun to mess with right now.

"Bry watch your mouth." I teased.

"Oh shut the fuck up." she rolled her eyes.

I chuckled and filled out her forms. "Ready to go?" I asked once I handed in the papers to the nurse.

"Sure thing sexy." she winked at me. "You're pretty hot you know that?"

"That's what they tell me." I laughed helping her up. She winced at the pain as she stood. "Does it hurt baby?"

"God you have such a sexy voice, call me baby again." she wrapped her arm around me to support her weight.

"Do you want me to carry you to the car, baby?" I asked enjoying her drugged up state a bit too much.

"Carry me!" she squealed loudly earning some strange looks. I just chuckled and scooped her up bridal style in my arms. "You're soooo strong." Briley sighed laying her head against my shoulder.

"Well I do frequent the gym." I laughed as we made our way to the parking lot. I found the car and sat her down next to the passenger door while I found the keys.

Bry squeezed my upper arm muscle and I flexed making her giggle. "That's so hot! Are you sure you're my boyfriend?"

I nodded and placed both my hands on the car trapping her. "Mhm, I'm positive and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. So what do ya think now?"

She burst into giggle and placed a hand on my chest. "Well I think a fifty pound chicken would be a whole lotta meat."

I laughed until I almost peed. Then I unlocked the doors and helped her inside the car. Once we got back to the hotel I settled Briley in the bed and called Keaton and Briley's mom to let them know she was totally fine. I also let Keaton know that we'd probably start heading home in a few days.

"Wes." Bry rolled around patting the bed so I moved from the chair to sit next to her.

"I'm right here?" I said softly not sure if she's awake or not since she talks a lot when she sleeps.

"I'm sorry!" she yelled defiantly asleep. "Don't leave us."

"Hun, I'm not going anywhere." I smoothed her hair back.

She smiled angelical in her slumber. "I love you."

"I love you more than you'll ever know." I sighed.

The rest of my night was spent watching Briley sleep and texting Keaton lyrics to a new song. The swelling in Bry's ankle was almost gone completely and the sun was starting to come up over the mountains outside our window. I shook Briley hard enough to wake her and she glared at me.

"What?" She yawned.

"The suns coming up, come here." I helped her up and walked her to the window.

I wrapped my arms around her midsection and hugged her tight against me. We watched the sun rise in complete silence. Then Bry turned to face me. "I keep waiting to wake up and find out this was all a dream." she laid her head on my chest.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, you're Wesley Stromberg and everything with you is so much more perfect than I could've ever pictured." she looked up at me and smiled.

"I'm far from perfect, but I get what you mean. Hell I was just stuck in traffic minding my own business when some gorgeous stranger stole my heart." I winked and kissed the tip of her nose.

"You're never getting it back." she sighed happily.

"I'd never want it back from you." I smiled.

Our relationship might be unorthodox and seem destined to fail. She's my idea of perfect though. No matter what happens, I know we can survive the fallout.

A/N: Okay that's it guys 😭 haha I loved this one a lot tbh. Thank you all for reading it and supporting it! And good news!!!!! I've decided I'm writing a sequel to my Wes story Desperate!! It's going to be called Desolate and I'll post the first chapter later tomorrow probably.... so if you haven't read Desperate go ahead and do that and add Desolate to your library's! Thank you again and I love you all very much 😘